Chapter One: The Beginning of an Ultra Adventure

"Poyo!" Kirby huffed, almost dropping his sword.

He was in a bad mood, for he had spent two hours doing training with his mentor, Meta Knight. He disliked doing the training, because it was vigorous and physically draining, but also because it started at 5 in the morning. Before Meta Knight rescheduled his training to five o'clock, Kirby liked to sleep in until ten and dream about his favourite foods, such as strawberry shortcake and watermelons. His teacher made the training sessions longer and harder after Nightmare was defeated and gone for good (Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland is when Nightmare returned and tried to take revenge) You may think it was a huge triumph and that Meta Knight would finally relax for once in his life, but no. He just had a feeling that something was coming.

"You'll get used to it in time." Meta Knight consoled Kirby, who had just about enough. Kirby's teacher was an enigmatic knight who never showed his face to anyone. Bright yellow eyes glowed from his mask, the metal reflecting the sun in crisp morning air. His violet metal sabatons dug into the sand as he tapped his foot on the ground and a indigo cape billowed in the early morning breeze.

"Poyo know, Medi Kni." Kirby replied. His vocab was limited, but understandable to an extent. "I'm Hungwy!"

"You ate half an hour ago." Meta Knight sighed, placing his gloved hand over the V shaped part of his mask that allowed him to see, but even the most cold-hearted of warriors know when their student had enough. "Fine, Kirby. You can get a snack."

"Thanks, poyo!" Kirby smiled and ran off, leaving the equipment on the floor: a sword and some small training posts. Meta Knight picked them up and stored them in his cape. His cape was not an ordinary cape. It was named the 'Dimensional Cape' as it holds the entrance to another dimension. The dimension is just space, typically used for storing things, but also has other uses that Meta Knight knew. He wrapped his cloak tightly around himself and vanished into thin air. The warrior teleported to his room to grab a book. He nabbed it and teleported back.

He rested against a tree and began reading. He had read the novel a couple times before, as it was a present from an old army friend who he didn't contact much anymore. The book was about other realms that supposedly exist outside of their Gamble Galaxy. He wiped the dust off the cover and turned the page. On the inside of the cover it said in messy, cursive handwriting:

"Merry Christmas, Meta! You were the MVP of the war. We defeated Nightmare though, so all is good! It's a time to celebrate! Regards, Sir Falspar"

He sighed as the memories from that Christmas came back. The laughing, the drinking, the pathetic Christmas crackers which held little prizes, Sir Nonsurat and Sir Dragato getting a few too many cocktails and trying to win Galacta Knight's love, who was laughing herself silly from their drunken attempts...

~~~~~Flashback To the night he got the book~~~~~

"I think we should get along to the presents." Sir Arthur announced gruffly, eyeing Sir Nonsurat and Sir Dragato from across the room. "Before some of us get too drunk to even see or walk straight."

"Ah, shuddup, Arthur! Nightmare's gone!" Nonsurat laughed, his mask up and was sipping a cocktail from a straw. Galacta Knight and some of the others watched in amazement as he finished his tenth shot. Galacta stuck with her non-alcoholic drink.

"It's a good cause for celebration!" Dragato added, running his fingers through his red ponytail. "There's a few of us left, and I feel like patting myself on the back for surviving."

Galacta Knight snickered in the corner. Her feathered wings stretched out from behind her. The Christmas Party was wild. Meta Knight was trying to stop Kirby from drinking alcohol. Falspar was talking a drunk Nonsuat out of chugging a dangerously large cocktail.