An Insight Into the Next Book

Marx opened his bleary eyes to look at his surroundings. Where was he? He was surrounded by... Forests? Miles and miles and MILES of trees! Huge, gigantic trunks and thick, tangled roots! Marx blinked a few times and squinted. There really was nothing other than trees.

Where in Dreamland was he?!

His jester's hat was still on top of his head, surprisingly. Marx straightened the hat up with what little magic he had of his own, and stood up on his two big, glossy brown shoes. He must have been knocked out...

But, by who?

All he could remember was a large, blue wolf with claws like swords, a swirl pattern on it's abdomen. It's three grey tails were fluffy and long.

That beast! He remembered the whole story now! It had started with him playing a prank on Kirby, being his usual smug jerk, and suddenly that giant wolf had showed up and attacked him! It threw him into a big tear in space... and that was all he remembered.

"Where am I?" Marx yelped. "WHERE AM I WHERE AM I WHERE-"

He stopped, listening to his own echoing voice slithering between the trees. He sat down, feeling defeated. Being lost wasn't a problem you could just kill or fight your way out of.

He was lost.

But, in order to get un-lost, Marx thought, You have to wander about until you find your way. I'm probably lost in the Whispy Woods. That Whispy was never very nice to me. Stupid Guardian of the Forest, thinking he can outsmart ME, THE GOD OF OUTSMARTING PEOPLE??

Marx began to wander about.

"Whiiiiisppyyyyy!!! TELL ME WHERE I AM!!" As he said 'Whispy', it was a sweet and gentle shout one might do if they were calling a loved one, but as he said the rest, it was a demonic screech that made the strange birds in the trees and the weird critters that crawled along the grass quake in fear and run away, flustered and afraid.

"Huh. That's strange. I don't remember seeing these things in Whispy's Wood." Marx said to himself, stepping on a disgustingly large caterpillar. It was green with little markings, strange little orange antennae and each segment of the caterpillar shrank smaller and smaller until it stopped.

"Cata? C-c-caterpie?" The weird caterpillar squealed. "Cata... Cata!! CATA!! CATA CATA CATA-"

Marx picked up the big Caterpie with some of his magic, and bit off its' head. Marx, of course, didn't know it was a Caterpie, and decided to eat it. What else was there to eat? It wasn't like there were any apples... To Marx, if you were lost in a forest with no apples or candies or any food, eat the bugs. They're the next best thing.

But this bug, was disgusting. It wasn't juicy or sweet; it was just tasteless mush and metallic crimson blood.

"Tasteless. Pathetic. Disgusting. This forest doesn't have anything to eat? WHERE ARE THE APPLES AT, WHISPY???" Marx threw the Caterpie's lifeless body on the ground, spitting the chewed up remains next to the body. The cowering creatures of this Forest looked at Marx, then at the Caterpie.

Marx summoned his signature bouncy ball. He bounced high enough to jump up into the leaves of a tree. He gasped in a pleasant surprise. There, he saw apples! Huge, round, juicy, red apples hidden among the lime green leaves!

As he was about to lean towards them, a rustle and a squawk made him suddenly jump back in fright, falling all the way down to the grassy floor.

"Ugh!! WHO WAS THAT???" Marx screamed, jumping back up. he came face to face with a fluffy little pigeon-like bird.