Chapter Seven: Ambush At The Beach

That morning Meta Knight woke up very early. The sun was only just rising. It was normal for him, as he got up at 4 a.m every morning back at Dreamland. He decided to practise his sword skills (As if they could even be improved, they were so good) outside the clearing.

The air was crisp and there was a gentle breeze coming from the depths of the forest. As he was beginning his first swing at an imaginary opponent, a noise came from behind him. He turned and saw the little Mimikyu staring blankly at him.

"K-kss?" Mimikyu hissed in a questioning sort of tone. Meta Knight stared back, silently.

He knew what it was like for Mimikyu. What it was like to be ignored, to conceal their identity, to hide their true self. Even if Mimikyu's true for was so gruesomely terrifying people were known to die from the shock of it, it was easier to weak a mask rather than to suffer consequences.

"Greetings, Mimikyu. Why are you up so early?" He asked softly.

"Kyu, Kss." Mimikyu started moving towards Meta Knight in interest. Meta Knight did not back down, though. He sheathed his sword, and kneeled down to Mimikyu's level, one foot behind him. They stared at each other for a solid minute. Mimikyu suddenly revealed a shadowy claw and tried to grab Meta Knight's mask. He jumped back, his eyes red and the sword pointed at the disguised pokemon. Did the pokemon who nobody could remove the mask, just try and REMOVE the mask of someone who also doesn't remove their mask?!

His expression changed when he back looked at Mimikyu. He realised that they were just like each other.

"Do not do that again, Mimikyu, or face the consequences. You know, we're not so different you see?" Meta Knight extended a gloved hand in a gentle manner. His eyes reverted to red for a few seconds. "I do not allow anyone to look under their mask unless they want to suffer a painful death. Doesn't that sound familiar?" 

Mimikyu hissed quietly in agreement, moving slowly towards Meta Knight. Mimikyu's shadow claw extended towards Meta Knight's hand slowly. They shook hands (Well claws for Mimikyu, and the handshake felt strange because the claw wasn't exactly... solid). Inside the rag, the Mimikyu understood Meta Knight, because they were the same.

And Meta Knight understood Mimikyu.

***Three Hours Later***

When Team Rocket woke up, they saw Mimikyu and Meta Knight training. At first Jessie didn't understand (And almost tried to stop Meta Knight) but then saw that they were just training.

Mimikyu threw a shadow ball towards Meta Knight, who absorbed the blow with Galaxia. He then concentrated, jumped up into the air and slashed downwards using his sword. The energy formed into a bright yellow Sword Beam shooting towards Mimikyu, who jumped out of the way. Collateral damage were a few trees were cut in half from the Sword Beam. Team Rocket flinched at the outburst of noise.

"What're they doing?" James pondered. "That beam looked powerful!"

"Looks like they're training early in the morning." Meowth stated.

"Well, Bewear's gone to look for berries, so that means we can go look for that Ultra Beast!" Jessie sneered. "And maybe we can at least find it this time because  All we really did yesterday was give Meta Knight a tour of Mele Mele Island. Maybe we can even catch it..."

"...And give it to the boss!" James and Meowth replied. Smirks grew on their faces like plants.

"Mimikyu! Meta Knight! Let's go!" James yelled to them, pointing to the forest around them. They instantly stopped.

"Today we shall scout the shore and near there." Meta Knight ordered, sheathing his sword and wrapping himself tightly in his cloak. The cape looked comfortable.