Chapter Eleven: Calm Before The Storm

Kirby was jumping on his bed. The Comfey next to find was giggling. The Comfey had put a chain of flowers on Kirby like a necklace

"Kaabii feel betta now!" the pink puff smiled.

"What's the time? Its felt like hours since we came here." Galacta Knight asked. The children were dismissed from class, but they decided to stay with Galacta Knight and Kirby (Mallow had to leave because of her family restaurant, but all the others let their parents know what they were doing),even if it meant staying in the same room as Team Rocket.

At least Meta Knight was keeping them in check, and they weren't plotting to get Pikachu, so it was okay. They didn't know Kirby and Galacta Knight all that well, so they were just waiting for news regarding Meta Knight. They made small talk with each other while the kids chatted with each other too. Soon, Nurse Joy came in to tell them about how Meta was doing

"We just set his wings. He's sleeping right now. You can come see him if you want, but I wouldn't want to disturb him." Kirby jumped from the bed to the floor, landing on his face. He got back up immediately and walked to Nurse Joy.

"I wanna see Meda Kniiiiiii! Pyo!" Kirby whined, but in a cute way that was charming and usually got what he wanted.

"Of course, Kirby! Come this way." Since Kirby was just a small puffball, and young too, everyone followed them. The corridor seemed endless, and if the doors on each side were open, you could see an injured Pokemon. There were Blisseys and Comfeys running all over the place, carrying bandages, needles, or other medical supplies. The kind nurse opened a door with a sign that said "Recovery Room"

Inside, was a masked blue puffball, eyes dimmed and bandaged wings spread out. Multiple splints kept the wings in place. A cup of water was set next to his bed. His eyes flickered like a lightbulb, his eyes a sleepy greyish yellow.

"Come in..." Meta Knight sighed and sat up. He too had a flower necklace on. Kirby ran to the bed and jumped onto it.

"Medi Kni okay?" Kirby asked.

"Yes, Kirby. I'm fine."

"You keep on saying that, yet you're all bandaged up," Kiawe stated. "You couldn't even walk when we found you."

Meta Knight shrugged in reply.

"I've been worse."

"What possibly could be worse than the state you're in right now?" Rotom asked incredulously.

"You're talking to a war veteran, and adventurer. Of course, I've been worse." Meta Knight said, signalling that the conversation about him being worse was over.

"I've seen Meda Kni worse. I've seen his airship expwode as it crashed. He wivved, but was vewwy hurt," Kirby explained.

"He owns an airship? Cool!!" Ash gasped, stars in his eyes as he imagined what it looked like. Was it massive? Did it have hot chocolate machines? Could you live on it?

"Kirby, you were the only one that nearly killed me on that ship. Also, you left me for dead. Thanks." Meta Knight said drowsily.

Everyone stopped smiling and stared in shock. This child... Tried to kill his mentor?

"That just got really dark." James muttered. Everyone agreed.

"Tomorrow, I will leave the Pokemon Centre, and we shall have a rematch with the beast!" Meta Knight claimed.

"You are in no condition to leave tomorrow!" Nurse Joy said sternly. "Your wings need to heal before you can fly again."

"Hang on, Galaxia Darkness? Isn't that the attack you used on us when we first met you after you fell from the sky??" Jessie asked.