Chapter Fourteen: Third Night (The Beginning)

School let out early that day so that Kirby and Kukui could rest up, and for Kukui to get patched up by a hospital. Lucario did heal them, but mentally didn't completely heal them.

The teacher went to spend some time with his wife and her co-workers (Lusamine, Wicke, etc) after getting some stitches and a bandage, while the schoolkids decided to keep on training on the beach with Galacta and Meta.

"Well, we need to get stronger to fight the Dark Matter and Tsurara at the same time." Kiawe explained to the baffled scientists in the waiting room of the hospital.

"Perhaps Galacta Knight and Meta Knight would be able to explain Dark Matter to you guys." Burnet suggested, hand in hand with Kukui, who had just came out of the room, and was still confused. "Well... Stay safe, you guys. I don't want anything else to happen..."

"Right!" Everyone replied, in a determined way and made you think that they were going to be fine.

"So, what should we do?" Lillie asked as they left the hospital. They were completely calmed down, now. Their teacher was all okay after the frightening scene with him drenched in blood... But he was okay, and that was all that mattered at the moment.

"Running, maybe?" Lana suggested. "Like what we did yesterday?"

"A battle?" Mallow proposed.

"Perhaps an agility test?" Kiawe added. "Work on our dodging, that sort of stuff."

"I vote for Mallow!" Ash cried, punching the air. "A battle sounds like a fun way to improve our skills!"

"What about Kirby and the other puffballs?" Sophocles asked, watching Kirby and the Pokemon play. Kirby was healed by Lucario so he woke up even after being possessed by Dark Matter.

"Galacta Knight and I will work with Kirby's skills." Meta Knight stepped forwards, wrapping himself in his cape. Kirby and Galacta Knight nodded in unison.

"If the Professor almost died when Lucario stabbed him, I must have injured James. I should have known not to wound him, but it had to be done..." Meta Knight added quietly. "You humans have an immune system that cannot fight the Dark Matter. It is much easier, and much more like torture."

"What happens where you get possessed by Dark Matter?" Kiawe asked. "Like, what exactly happens to you?"

"Well, the more negative memories you have which brings either sadness of pain whenever you think of them, that's what it thrives on. The more bad memories you have, the more you... Suffer, I guess. Kirby and Pikachu didn't suffer as much as... That purple haired guy, so the Dark Matter wasn't as strong. It seemed that - James, was it?- was affected quite badly. So was Kukui. If it were to affect me or Meta... That would be bad." Galacta Knight explained very quickly. "We've lost many people in our lives, lived past two wars and only reunited just before we ended up here. The Dark Matter would suck the negative energy from the memories and use it to get stronger. "