Chapter Five: Go Away, Team Skull!

Team Rocket waited patiently for Bewear to fall asleep so they could sneak out. The large bear Pokemon napped in its den, Stufful by its side. It was around early afternoon. Wobbuffet (I keep forgetting about this guy lol) was left to keep watch of the base. Well, that's what Jessie said for it to do, but James was sure that Jessie just wanted to leave him behind now that they have Meta Knight with them.

"On my mark, we slowly walk past Bewear. We've got one chance at making it, if we fail we're confined to this place until it falls back asleep. Three, two, one, go." Jessie whispered to her friends, pointing towards the den's exit, the sun still filtering through the trees.

Meta Knight looked at the mossy ground, and got to the exit in swift, graceful leaps and bounds, carefully avoiding all the sticks and dry leaves, making absolutely no noise.

That guy was good at stealth. Like, really good at not making a sound. 

Next was the talking cat, Meowth. He tiptoed through the leaves with little to no difficulty. He was a cat, and they usually are good at making no sound.

Next was Jessie. She made a little noise when she stepped on a small dry leaf, but it wasn't enough to awake the sleeping bear.

"Come on James!" Jessie muttered as James tried to copy all of them at once and failed miserably. The three outside of the den winced as James stepped on a leaf that crunched loudly under his shoe. They stared at Bewear, hoping it didn't wake up. They sighed when Bewear didn't stir, but they held their breaths when the bear turned in it's sleep.

"Sorry..." James mouthed to his tense friends. As he mouthed the apology-

C-craaack!

James froze and looked down, the large broken twig under his boot. He then glanced fearfully at Bewear, who's eyes fluttered open, waking up from it's slumber.

"James!" Meowth facepalmed. "You better get outta there, Bewear heard that."

It was true, Bewear had woken up. James squeaked in fear and ran out of the cave, ignoring the sheer amount of noise he made from all the leaves getting crushed. The giant pokemon towered over them.

"BEWEEAAAA!!" Bewear shrieked, obviously not impressed at Team Rocket and their new companion.

Meta Knight stepped out in front of the trio, unsheathing his sword. A bright light filled the clearing as electricity emerged from the blade, forming the sacred sword, Galaxia. He looked up at Bewear. Bewear looked down at the seemingly puny figure opposing it.

"Bewaa?" Bewear looked down upon Meta Knight with eyes showing no emotion. Stufful still slept inside the den, unfazed by the commotion going outside it's home.

"Meta Knight... Don't attack it... We'll never hear the end of it from Bewear." James murmured.

"I'm not going to attack it. I'm going to warn it." Meta Knight said. 

"I really don't think a creature of your size can warn or intimidate Bewear." Jessie said sarcastically. It stung a little, but it was the truth. Meta Knight's eyes glowed red as he glowered at Jessie before locking eye contact with Bewear again.

Bewear tried to grab Meta Knight but he dodged. Meta Knight aimed a warning slash at Bewear, narrowly missing.

"Allow my friends to leave in peace, Bewear." Meta Knight growled. He grunted in pain as Bewear punted him into a tree. He got up immediately, gripping his sword.