Chapter Eighteen: The Aftermath And The Opinions

Note: This chapter got some mild swearing because people are in an emotional state. The swearing has been kept to a minimum because these characters are usually in FAMILY FRIENDLY SHOWS but this isn't a family friendly fanfic... 

k read on.

Kirby's voice trembled as he began to cry. Galacta Knight put a comforting hand on Kirby's head.

Mimikyu hissed and slid over to the cold corpse. Galacta Knight followed.

It stared at Meta Knight. It processed what just happened as it remembered the friend. Mimikyu remembered the mask it had kept, only to see a copy of that mask drenched in blood, the being who once wore it now dead.

Everyone stood in silence.

"I'm going to go to the Pokemon Centre." Jessie said suddenly and ran off, Mimikyu squeaking in surprise and chasing after her.

"We should all go to the Pokemon Centre." Lana and Mallow said in unison.

"Meow!" Kirby gasped. "Meow is hu't! We gotta go to Pokemon Centre! He sav'd me! Meow...f? He said I was pwonunc'n his n'me wong."

Kirby was about to race off, but he remembered that he didn't know the direction at all. He jumped frantically, tears welling in his eyes.

"I kind of do hope Meowth is okay. I mean, he did help us and he saved Kirby, right? I know he's Team Rocket and he's an annoying nuisance at best... but he was changed by M-meta Knight, he saved Kirby... b-but Meta Knight's... not here." Ash said, glancing at Meta Knight. In the shock of all things, the poor broken corpse lying on the school grounds, Ash tried to speak more but a gasp escaped his mouth instead and he began sobbing. His friends stayed by his side, making comforting remarks and a lot of them were also trying not to cry. Lillie wiped a few tears from her face.

"Thank you, Meta Knight. For everything you did to help." She whispered, eyes red.

"Come on," Professor Kukui said, biting his lip uncertainly. "Let's go to the Pokemon Centre. I'm sure Nurse Joy would understand.

So off they went to the Pokemon Centre, apart from Galacta Knight who decided to clean up the area so it didn't just look like someone murdered Meta Knight and left it like that.

Mallow had to practically restrain Kirby from bolting ahead when they saw the Centre. As Kirby burst through the door, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. 

As they neared the counter, Nurse Joy greeted them with the same cheerful greeting.

"Hi! Welcome to the Pokemon Centre! Would you like to heal your pokemon?" Nurse Joy smiled.

"Yeah..." Everyone said, handing over their pokeballs. Kirby and Pikachu went with Nurse Joy on top of a trolley handled by a Blissey.

While they were being wheeled to a special room where the regular healing happened, they went past rooms where Pokemon with worse injuries stayed. Just as they were about to turn a corner, Kirby heard voices from a door which had been left open. He heard the voices of doctors, other nurses who worked for the Pokemon Centre (Nurse Joy can't handle everything by herself, you know)