Chapter Thirteen: Mistakes

NOTE: This is probably the chapter where it gets a bit more violent than usual. You have been told this. If you are up for it, then read on.  Thanks for reading this chapter <3

Meta Knight put his gloved hand on Kukui's shoulder. The rest of the students ran up the stairs and gasped at the sight. Kukui flinched, his hands covering his face.

"Sir, please wake up." Meta Knight murmured. "You need to fight the Dark Matter. Don't give in!"

"Whoozzat?" Professor Kukui slurred, his dark, baggy eyes giving him a very tired look. His eyes were unfocused as he tried to squint through his cracked glasses. He blinked and the emotions flooded his face, and his eyes widened in fear. He teared up. "Help me... Something's got me... It's innmy heaaddd..." He put his head in his hands, his breathing forced and jagged.

"Professor!!" Kiawe and Ash screamed in shock. The rest of the students crowded around the poor teacher.

"No..." The rest of the class faltered.

"Stay back!" Galacta Knight instructed, Kirby one arm and a pink lance in the other. Kirby was awake and doing okay, but once he heard about the professor he worried.

"Poy..." Kirby whimpered. "Pwofe'a Koo'ki."

"Focus, Kukui." Galacta Knight said soothingly. "You are going to be all right."

"Poor Professor Kukui..." the class whispered.

"We gotta get this thing out of him before he gets fully possessed!" Meta Knight exclaimed.

"Maybe he can fight it off." Sophocles muttered. His friends gave him stern looks. 

"You guys have never interacted with Dark Matter. You can't fight against it as well as Kirby can. We need to build up an immunity." Galacta Knight explained. "Professor Kukui would not be able to fight it off very well, and he may succumb to it at any time. It's terrible to think about, so don't think about it for now while we work on helping him resist the Dark Matter."

Kukui stumbled to his feet, leaning against the whiteboard sluggishly, with Mallow and Kiawe barging in front of the Puffballs and steadying him.

"Make it stoooooopp..." He whispered, putting a hand to his head. He saw everyone else and he gasped. "No... Run!" He panted to his confused students.

"It will stop... The pain and suffering will stop, once you give in. Attack them!" An unearthly voice hissed. Mallow and Kiawe jumped back from their teacher in fright. The voice came from him, but no mouth moved to say it.

He looked at the class, then and Meta, face still betraying his emotion. Infinite fear shined through his dark eyes. He was petrified. 

Poor Kukui... He didn't know what was happening to him either. Inside, he's fighting with the Dark Matter, trying to stay in control of his body but he was slowly losing the battle.

"Whatzzhappening to me?" He whispered before he fell to his knees, but he wasn't fully possessed. Galacta Knight grabbed his arm tightly as he put his hands to his ears. "I don't... Wannnna... Attack a-a-anyone!"

"Just don't give into it. It's what the monster wants!" Galacta Knight said consolingly. Kukui looked up into Galacta Knight's eyes like a lost dog. "We're right here. You'll be okay, I'm sure of it! Just don't let it take control. Keep fighting!"