Don't change who you are

[Don't change who you are]

You sat on the kitchen bench staring at the lounge. Well, more specifically, who was on the lounge. And that happened to be your boyfriend, Louis. Letting your eyes narrow, you jumped onto the floor and walked over to him.

"Hey Louis?" He kept quiet as you leant over the back of the couch beside him. He stared blankly at the black television screen ahead of him, his breathing slightly irregular. His bottom lip then quivered as your eyes softened and your hand placed onto his shoulder. "Are you ok?"

He inhaled deeply and sucked in his bottom lip letting his face slowly change into the emotion he had bundled up inside. After holding down his shaking fingers and small whimpers, he brought his hands up, covering his face.

"N-no." He choked out beginning to sniffle and cry. You wrapped your arms around his neck and cooed to him before kissing his ear softly. His hands gripped your arms as he openly cried.

Just watching the tears, the pained face, the distress, you could feel your heart breaking a little inside.

Leaning up, you rubbed his shoulders and crawled over the couch beside him.

"What's wrong Boo?" You whispered as he fell sidewards into your awaiting arms.

"I-I..." He sobbed though you couldn't understand him properly.

"Catch your breath, then talk to me." He nodded as you rubbed the back of his neck. It took awhile but he finally had calmed enough to speak after his breakdown.

"I-I need to c-change." Your eyes widened as he stared down at his lap. "Be m-more responsible." Keeping silent, he wrapped his arms around you before snuggling against you.

After control stumbling thoughts, you finally beginning to regain your voice again and spoke.

"Louis..." He tightened his arms as you kissed his hair. "Don't change. You're too unique and perfect to change." Louis shrugged as you sighed resting against him. "Whoever said you need to change is wrong because I couldn't imagine you as a boring, grumpy Louis."

Pinching his nose, he chuckled swatting your hand away. Gripping your shirt again, he smiled weakly up at you through bloodshot eyes. Your smile faded as you wiped a thumb across his damp cheek.

"Stay you. Ok?" Louis' smile faded as he closed his eyes holding onto your palm. His silence worried you as you laced your hand with his.

As he lay quietly against you, you look at his slightly shaking hand intertwined with yours.

"Ok." He muttered catching you off guard. Louis tried blinking up at you, but you could see how now exhausted he was. Getting some shut eye, you held him close around the chest as he snuggled to you like a baby to its mother.

"I love you." You whispered kissing his hair. "Goofball." You cracked a smile now watching a sleeping Louis. Louis was a goofball and will always be, a goofball.