The Unwanted Visitor

"Congratulations to the newly weds!"

        The music blasted from the band. It was a festive day today. Me and Victor just arrived from the church. There are more guests here in the Complex than in the church. The Parliament changed their clothes already and the guests are dancing the native folk dances of Denmark. How beautiful their culture is. The Complex is beautifully decorated. The employees and staffs are busy, going back and forth attending to the guests needs.

        Victor went down the carriage first and I stepped down the carriage but my feet didn't touch the smooth ground. Victor carried me and he kissed me once again.

        "Victooor!" I exclaimed. "Let me down."

        "No, my wife." Wife. "It's bad luck. Do you want our marriage be in bad luck?"

        I whispered into his ear. I have to remind him that this is a temporary marriage. Just to satisfy our grandparents' wishes. "Well it would be because we will get separated after five years, remember?"

        He stiffened and he looked at me with wary. "Let's not talk about it right now. I don't want to ruin this day."

        I gave him a sad smile. "If you say so, my husband."

        He kissed me again! That's already the third this day! "That's more like it! Call me Husband."

        We joined the festive crowd and he settle me down but his possessive arms are still wrapped around my waist. My bouquet is placed on the table me and Victor are going to use later.

        "You must go to the terrace now, you lovely couple." That's the Queen Victoria.

        I smiled dearly at her and went on our way upstairs to greet the people who came to witness our wedding.

        When I got out of the terrace, my first expression was shocked. There are probably more than thousands of people here outside the Complex. They are all waving and cheering once we went out of the terrace. I smiled anD gave them little slow waves.

        "The citizens like you," whispered Victor.

        "Do they?"

        "They wouldn't be here if they don't."

        "Well, you have a point, dear Husband."

        "That endearment really slips off your tongue very beautifully. I like to hear that everyday."

        I raised an eyebrow at him. "Keep on dreaming, Victor."

        He laughed and he turned to the crowd and started waving to them. "They are really our responsibility two years from now."

        "Yeah." I waved again and rest my hand for some seconds. "Well, I'm a commoner before, now, I'm gonna be Queen."

        He smiled bitterly at me. "This wasn't our faults."

        I rolled my eyes. "Blame no one."

        "They are waiting for your kiss..."

        I looked at Mom behind me and my eyebrows met. I kept my smiling face and turned to Victor.

        He cupped my cheeks and he kissed me softly. We laughed right after and he kissed me again. The crowd cheered loud and shouting more. Oh, seriously?

        "You have five of those today, young man." I teased him.

        He chuckled. "Well, many to come later."