Queen Agatha

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.

Nelson Mandela

Geiyianne’s thoughts

Water.

        I badly need water. I open my eyes and I was blinded by the light in the room. Where was I? I tried sitting up and I felt a soft pounding in my head. Where am I?

        When I sat up I looked around and saw a figure sleeping on a couch near me. It wasn’t a man’s silhouette. It was a woman’s.

        “Uh...”

        I moved and I made a cracking sound. I stayed still when I saw the person moving. She finally woke up and she was surprised to see me. She approached me. She was an old lady. Gray to white hair was visible. Her eyes were wrinkled because of her age. She was wearing a long dress and in the shade of cream. She has a motherly aura and she looked familiar.

        “Geiyianne?”

        She knows me! She must be one of my kidnappers. No, that cannot be. She’s too old.

        “Who are you?”

        She frowned. “May I sit next to you?”

        I nod. “Who are you?”

        “I am Queen Agatha.”

        Another royalty again?

        “What country?”

        “Italy.”

        I almost laughed. I know Italy’s monarchy has fallen. “They’re ruled by a Dictator...”

        “Yes. I am in custody of the Italian dictator.”

        “No. The Queen is dead.”

        “If I am dead, why am I in front of you?”

        I twinge. “Mom and Dad told me that the Queen is held hostage by Ricolino Guccino. And she was killed.”

        “Will you believe me if I told you I know who your Mother and Father is?”

        Answers? In front of me is a claiming Queen Agatha who I never knew about.  But would it hurt to listen to a truth or lie this Agatha will bring?

        “C-could you spare me some details?”

        “I know everything about them. And even you, Geiyianne.”

        “Are you the one who kidnapped me?”

        Her eyes saddened when I asked her that. “Geiyianne, bringing you harm is the last thing I would do. But I won’t.”

        “Who are my parents?”

        “They are King Christiano and Queen Geraldina.”

        “They’re just simple people from America! They couldn’t be royalty! And if they are why didn’t they tell me?”

        “Because your life is in danger and it is very dangerous at this moment when Ricolino Guccino got you.”