The Past That Was Never Told

“Geiyianne.”

        Victor barged in my Quarters and addressed me in a serious tone. What’s wrong? I stood up and gently placed the constitution on the table beside me. He went near me and he gave me a brown envelope. My brows met and I eye the envelope with curiosity. What’s inside the envelope?

        “What’s this for, Victor?” I cautiously asked him. He massaged his temple and he looked me with wary.

        “Look inside the envelope. Could you tell me what your opinion is on the contents, my wife?”

        My wife. Now I’m getting anxious. No, not anxious, puzzled. I looked at him with question obviously flashed on my eyes. He titled his head but still he massaged his temple. Anxiety kicks in hard when I opened the envelope. Inside were glossy films: photos. I took it out, now very curious.

        The photos shocked me. It was the man. That man in my wardrobe. The man who gave me the tiara. The man who claimed to know my mother more than me and my dad. The man who scared me so much.

        There was a caption stating that he was Ricolino Guccino, the dictator of Italy.”

        I looked at Victor and he was waiting for my opinion.

        “H-he w-was the m-man.” I stammer. Victor approached me and rubbed my back.

        “It’s okay, Gei.”

        “You found him?”

        “Apparently, he’s in Italy right now. But I don’t have any idea how he got access here in the palace. We are still investigating it. Do you want to be enlightened about him?”

        I nodded. He sat on my chair and he patted his lap. I sat on him and he hugged me tight. He sighed and he kissed my lips. My anxiety has gone because of his kiss.

        “Ricolino Guccino is a ruthless dictator of Italy. By the looks of the photos and the ads for Italy, the country looks very beautiful and peaceful right?” I nodded and I buried my face on his neck. “Behind that peace and beauty Italy beholds, is a ruthless governing of the Dictator. He overthrew the monarchy in Italy...”

The Overthrowing of the Throne.

Queen Geraldina’s Point of View.

“Geraldina, how is Geiyianne?”

        I caressed my six month old baby bump gently. Inside my womb is a baby girl. Me and Christiano named her Geiyianne. Mother insisted that we name her Geiyianna to follow the Italian naming conventions. But we wanted a more unique name. She will be named Geiyainne Seraphine Rivardacci di Capodimonte. She is the heir to the Italian throne. The Crown Princess Geiyianne.

        I smile fondly when I envision her little body frame in my arms. She will be a beautiful Princess. Of course, I will think of that because I am her mother.

        I look at Christiano on my side. He was now reading report papers from the sectors. He the King, it his job to run the country but he will never do that alone. He is thankful that he could trust the local and national officials. His reign is blessed. The tourism, the economy raised when he ascended to the throne. I’m his Queen Consort. But I am the rightful throne successor. I made clear that I am not capable of doing the governing of the country. Since Christiano is my husband and he has more knowledge in governing, I told the Parliament to make me just a Queen Consort. My mother agreed to me since my husband proved his skills in governing. He was just a perfect King to the country.