VII

Lucas left after he explained Renjun some of the rules he was not allowed to break and after that, the two told him what they did for the prince. They were spies, which sounded like a tough job to do, but who wouldn't want to be a spy in that magical land?

"You'll need a name." Yuta said after the prince left.

"I already have one."

Johnny laughed and shook his head while he poured some pink liquid in a glass.

"A fake name." Yuta replied and Renjun couldn't help but feel like an idiot. "For example, I'm The Bomb for others."

"He earned his name after he made a bomb out of cherries." Johnny explained and took a sip from the pink drink. "I earned mine after I used a lightning to burn someone's mansion."

"So I have to earn mine?"

"Of course." Someone spoke from behind and the boy turned around only to bump into a chest. He looked up and saw a pale and cold face.

"Jaehyun! How was it?" Johnny stood up and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. Renjun watched him wipe away some blood from Jaehyun's face and the male realized that some jobs Lucas would give him won't be that easy.

"I took it, but I could have used some help." The tall half-elf pushed Johnny away and took the drink from the table. "Who's this?" He pointed at the newbie and Renjun felt small under his gaze.

"This is Renjun." Yuta patted his back and gave the boy a smile. "Our new member."

"Aren't you Taeil's son?" Jaehyun asked and made his way back to where Renjun was standing.

"I am."

"Interesting." Jaehyun turned around and ruffled his hair. "What could Lucas want from you?"

They all looked at Renjun as if he knew something they didn't, but the boy was as lost as they were in that moment. He wanted to reply, but Jaehyun suddenly vanished, as if he could teleport or something.

"Don't mind him." Yuta said and looked over at Johnny who nodded. "He's always cold with the new ones."

"He accepted me after months." Johnny smiled and poured again the same pink liquid in the same glass that was now empty. "You just need to impress him."

"He's the first right?" Renjun asked, but he only received two confused looks. "He's the first to be taken by Lucas right?"

"Ohh, yeah and I came next." Yuta replied and sat down on a chair. "But that was a long time ago, maybe five years ago?"

None of them spoke for a while.

"You must be tired." Johnny stated and stood up. "Follow me."

Yuta waved a hand and Renjun managed to smile before vanishing through a door. They entered a hallway, illuminated by some blue torches. Some doors were on each side of the walls and the boy thought that those must be rooms.

Johnny stopped before one and opened it.

"The sun won't wake you up from now on so you'll have to get used on waking up way earlier than you usually did."

Renjun looked around the room and saw his luggage already inside, but Johnny was right, the sun won't wake him up since there were no windows. He thanked the tall guy and after he closed the door, Renjun looked around. It kinda looked like his old room, maybe smaller, but that didn't bother him at all.

Some scented candles were burning on a tea table while their shadows were dancing on a wall.

"One small window wouldn't have been so bad though." The boy whispered to himself and jumped in the bed.

He didn't even realize how tired he until his eyes became heavy and he fell asleep right away.

Jaemin was still grumpy the next day and he yelled at a maid again for entering his room with the noon tea. He ruffled his pink hair and watched his reflection in the diamond mirror.

The events that happened the night before came back and he remembered about that human named Renjun. How could Lucas want him? Why would he want a human in the first place?

"Disgusting." He mumbled and put on a light white shirt that was a little transparent. "Really disgusting." He put on his white pants as well and when he was done putting the gold earrings too, he left his room without even touching the tea. "If he's still here I'm gonna go tell father."

Just then, he bumped into someone and from the hair color of the person, Jaemin knew who it was. He pushed Renjun away and glared at him.

"What are you doing here?" The prince hissed and leaned closer, making Renjun back away until he hit the wall behind. "What does my brother want from you?"

"I...I..."

"Leave the boy alone Jaemin." A light hand gripped his shoulder and he looked up only to see Jungwoo, his other brother. "Don't mind him, he's just too young."

"What?"

Jaemin was shocked as hell. He only stood there, frozen, and watched Jungwoo wrap his arm around Renjun's small shoulders. His brother smiled at him and led the human somewhere, far away from the young prince.

He kept on looking the way his brother was taking the human and he frowned a bit. It didn't feel right, but why was he suddenly thinking of such thing?