>>5<<

Two days have passed since the talk with Mark from that night. The half-elf prince became nicer with both Mark and Donghyuck, obviously surprising Renjun's half-brother. They still didn't leave the apartment, because there might be a chance for his brother to have spies around the city. Still, Jaemin started to get bored and while he was looking at the bright sun that was shining in the middle of the blue sky, he was also petting Nana, Donghyuck's cat. He almost fell asleep with the cat on his chest, purring loudly, if Renjun wouldn't have appeared out of nowhere. 

He looked strange for some reason, as if he changed something about him and it took Jaemin few minutes to realize he dyed his hair in a more natural color. 

"What?" The short male asked after he noticed he was being stared at. The younger quickly looked away and cleared his throat, as if nothing happened. "I clearly saw that but anyway." The mortal mumbled as he dropped himself on an armchair. 

"Why did you change the color of your hair?" The half-elf asked all of a sudden. Nana fell asleep in the mean time, but she was still purring, but this time, softer. 

"Because my hair was slowly dying." Renjun explained and took a random book from the coffee table. "I kind of like having brown hair though." He then added and started flipping some pages. The two stood in silence for a while, until the brunette placed the book back on the table, finally bored of randomly flipping the pages without a reason. "Do you want to go to the mall?" 

"Are we allowed to do that?" Jaemin widened his eyes a bit, in surprise. He didn't expect to be asked by the mortal to go to that so called mall, but when Renjun nodded in reply, the half-elf realized he was being serious about it. "But isn't your brother going to be mad." 

The brunette chuckled softly. For some reason, the light sound of his laugh made Jaemin feel a bit weird, as if something was trying to fight its way out of his stomach. He almost frowned, but was interrupted by Renjun who started speaking. 

"He's coming with us. He said he won't let me go alone because it's risky and stuff." The older then stood up and cleared his throat. "So? Do you want to come?" 

"Sure I guess." Jaemin mumbled and watched Renjun's smile grow a bit as he turned around and left the room. He liked it when the mortal smiled, because it kind of made him happier too. The blue haired male took the cat in his arms and placed it on the couch. Nana immediately went back to sleep after he stood up and walked out. 

______________________________

"Won't they see our ears?" Jisung asked all of a sudden when the group of young men entered the wide building that was called a mall. Jaemin had to say he was more than surprised, because he never imagined a mall being such big and for the first time in his life, he saw the shops he heard so much in his world.   

"I charmed us." Mark replied and managed to chuckle at his friend's stupidity. "How do you think we lived here without a problem?" 

"Right..." The young elf mumbled, clearly embarrassed.

While looking around still a bit shocked, Jaemin glanced in his right, at Renjun. He noticed how the small guy was looking around, as if he remembered about something from the past, then the younger remembered how he mentioned about that time he went here with his mom. It must be a bit painful, because even if he was six, he still remembered her.

"What can you do here?" Jaemin decided to ask, thinking that his question might get Renjun to think of something else and obviously, it did, because the brunette showed a smile and stopped. 

"I'll go with Jaemin and Jeno around. You guys do what you want and let's meet here at four." He told his brother who nodded in reply and held Mark's hand tight, dragging him in the crowd. As for Chenle, because he came here few times when he sneaked out with both Donghyuck and Renjun to buy stuff, he knew the place pretty well so he grabbed Jisung's wrist and dragged him in a coffee shop. "To answer your question..." Renjun looked up at Jaemin. "You can do many things here. You just have to decide what you want to do." 

"What's that?" Jeno asked before Jaemin could even think of a reply. He pointed to a store that looked more than expensive. 

"That's a jewelry shop." Renjun explained, making Jeno widen his eyes. "What?" The shorter frowned in confusion. 

"You have to pay for jewelry here? That's more than sad." The tall elf seemed hurt, because in their world, if you came from a wealthy family, the jewelry you owned were gifts so you didn't have to pay for them. Obviously, his question made Renjun sigh. 

"The human world works differently." He said as he started walking, making the two trail behind if they didn't want to get lost in that huge building filled with people. "We work for money here since we can't charm anything and after we have money we buy stuff if we want. For example clothes." He pointed at a store that had some really nice looking coats behind a big window. "We don't give gold or anything for them." 

"That's just sad." Jeno complained from behind, making Jaemin chuckle. "These people look stressed." The elf observed as he took small glances at different strangers. 

"Yeah, this world isn't the magical one you two have." Renjun glanced behind at them. "This world makes us feel stressed and suffocated I guess. Each time I come here I feel more than scared, as if everyone here judges me. It's pathetic, I know, but I can't explain how it is to feel like this. As much as I don't want to admit it, your world is a bit better." 

"If our world had the technology from here, it would be worse." Jaemin replied from behind. He didn't even want to think of it, because it was painful to imagine such magical place like his home, being ruined by this type of stress those people that walked past him had to deal with. He knew that elves and faeries were used to being relaxed all the time, always partying and having fun with each other, the only matter they had being to pleasure their bodies, so changing such mentality would also be a bit too hard. And also, they wouldn't accept it. 

"Can we go to a coffee shop?" Jeno suddenly asked and stopped in front of one that had a green sign above the entrance. "I never tasted coffee before." 

Renjun showed a smile before he nodded. "It's bitter. Not everyone likes the taste." He then explained and approached the counter. Trying to look as if they were used to this type of life, Jaemin stood behind Renjun. He heard that he ordered something that sounded weird, but when he received his drink, he was surprised that he actually liked the taste.    

"I would have preferred it stronger." The half-elf said while they were sitting at a round table. The mortal gave him a look, which made him frown. "What? It tastes good." 

But while he was enjoying the coffee, Jeno wasn't and his reaction made both him and Renjun laugh. 

"This is the worst thing I have ever tried in my life besides my mom's homemade wine." The elf complained and slightly pushed the cup towards Jaemin. "You can have it." 

"Thank you." Jaemin took a sip from his eyes while he looked around the place. Most of the customers were all teenagers, but what caught his attention were three tall guys he recognized from the first try. He could see Jaehyun's pointy ears behind the magic and when the tall elf also looked around, he spotted him. "You know?" Jaemin got Renjun's and Jeno's attention. "Staying inside wasn't such bad idea after all." He then tilted his head towards the three, who were now looking at them from afar.