IX

Silver stars were splashing the dark sky. The wide window was opened and a young prince was sipping from a crystal glass of red wine. A sigh escaped his soft lips as he looked at the forest before his eyes. His pointy ears heard a maid approaching his door from the hallway and with a wave from his pale hand full of golden rings, the door was locked so the faerie won't enter his room. 

Not knowing why, Jaemin felt like glaring at someone or something. He was annoyed as hell because he didn't see Renjun after school was over at all. 

"Where is that human?" The young elf asked himself and placed the empty glass on the tea table. He stood up and leaned forward on the marble sill. His skin met the cold surface but he didn't flinch. It was refreshing for some reason. 

Suddenly, a dark silhouette popped out of the trees and it caught Jaemin's attention. At first, he thought it was one of Lucas's elf friends, but when the silhouette came closer, a smirk formed Jaemin's lips and his sharp teeth were being showed.   

Climbing on the window sill, the male took a deep breath from the cold and fresh air of the night. At first, he thought of jumping, but then he thought again and decided to approach that human on the hallways. 

Jaemin unlocked the door and stormed out of his bedroom. Maids bowed their heads as he walked past them, his smirk never leaving his lips. He blocked Renjun's way by stepping in front of him, his arms being crossed over his chest. 

"You know," Jaemin started and leaned closer. "We have rules in this house mortal." 

"You blocked my way to tell me this?" Renjun rolled his eyes and pushed him away. Actually, Jaemin felt that the human was way too weak to push him so he just backed away. "I know your highness." Renjun mumbled the words after the prince started following him. 

Jaemin didn't say anything for a while as he kept staring at the boy's side profile. He furrowed his brows and again, blocked the shorter male's way by stepping in front of him. 

"What now?" Renjun glared and ran a hand through his hair. 

"You look tired." Jaemin mumbled, his hands on his hips. "What did you do in the forest until now?" 

"That's none of your business, now move." This time, Jaemin didn't back away and showed his cruel smirk when Renjun couldn't walk past him. "I'm not in the mood asshole." Renjun hissed. "Move." 

"What if I don't want to?" Jaemin chuckled and held Renjun's wrist, startling the male. "I'll ask again. Where have you been?" The prince glared at him. He was sure something was off. What was his brother thinking?  "Say something." He whispered in his ear. 

"I..." Renjun started but in the next second, he became heavier in Jaemin's arms. The young prince widened his eyes when he realized the boy fainted . 

"What are you doing Jaemin?" A soft voice asked which made him look up. It was Jungwoo, in his night robes, ready for bed. 

"H-He fainted." 

Renjun woke up in his new room the next day. He groaned when he felt his head exploding, but then he jumped from the bed when he remembered what happened the other night. 

"Fuck my life." He whispered and ran a hand through his hair. 

A sudden knock at the door made him flinch. Johnny opened the door and came inside with a cup of raspberry tea. A smile was forming his lips. 

"You fainted last night." The taller sat down on the bed and handed him the cup. "In front of two princes." Renjun almost dropped the cup on the white sheets. "Don't worry, Lucas handled it. You should thank him." 

"It's because I'm weak." The boy replied and took a small sip from the hot drink. "Even Yuta knows, yet he still thinks I'll have a chance to be like you guys." 

"If you'll keep on underestimating yourself of course you'll fail." Johnny spoke while his eyes landed on the phials wit poisons in them. "I know you need to become immune to them, but I'll tell Yuta you'll take a break from them." 

"No." Renjun replied and took one phial with a pink liquid in it. He opened the small lid and poured two drops in his tea. "I don't want to give up just because I fainted once." 

Johnny sighed but didn't complain. The younger watched as he stood up from the bed. "You should get dressed, you have school." With that, he left the room. 

Renjun sighed and drank the whole tea before getting dressed. When he was done, he left the secret place he lived and went downstairs. His heart almost stopped when he saw Jaemin waiting in the main hallway. 

"How are you feeling?" The prince asked when he saw him coming. What surprised Renjun was the fact that he didn't smirk or made fun. He actually looked serious. 

"I'm fine." The boy replied coldly and walked past him. He rolled his eyes when he heard him following outside. "What?" He turned around and glared at Jaemin. 

"What do you mean?" The elf furrowed his brows. "I'm going to school obviously." 

"You have a horse." Renjun added and pointed at the black animal that was waiting in the sunlight. 

"Yeah, well I deiced to walk to the castle today." A small smile formed his lips and he started walking out of the yard. "Come on, we'll be late like this."