XVII

She wasn't a faerie.....  For some reason, those words hurt him. 

"What?" Renjun asked in disbelief. He tried his best to think that Jaemin was lying and at first he was sure he wasn't, but maybe, if he was only half elf, he could lie after all. "You're..." The silver haired male looked away from him for a bit. He felt his eyes burning because of the tears that wanted to be released. 

"Renjun I...." Jaemin was cut by the sudden slap that came from the shorter male. His pale hand reached his cheek that was burning from the pain. Their eyes locked and he realized that Renjun wasn't only furious, he was also hurt. His eyes told him that. 

"You bullied me for years!" Renjun suddenly shouted in the middle of the staircase. A tear fell down, drawing a line of salty water down his cheek. "You bullied me for years...." The shorter male repeated in a softer tone now. "And I always told myself that one day, I'll stop being a piece of shit, a nothing, in your eyes, in everyone's eyes." Renjun glared at him and another tear fell down. "You know, I was about to start thinking that you really are nice, despite everything you did, but I was so wrong. You even made Jeno, who's, I think, one of the nicest elves I met here, act mean towards me and my brother when he shouldn't." 

Jaemin watched him as he wiped away the tears. 

"I'm sorry." He told him softly. "I was just..." 

"You were just having fun while you hid this secret right?" When Jaemin didn't reply, Renjun chuckled bitterly. "You're a filthy guy Jaemin." He spit the words and was about to walk away, but the young prince grabbed his arm. "Let me go." 

"Renjun listen to me..." 

"Let go of me!" The silver haired male shouted and pushed him away. "Stay away from now on, that's the least you can do now, after so many years." 

Sighing heavily, Jaemin watched him leave. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration then cursed. Why did he have to be so immature? The prince froze when he heard the sound of footsteps approaching from behind. He already knew who it was. 

"Pity." Lucas mumbled as he stopped right next to him. "He hates you more now." 

"Fuck off." Jaemin growled. That annoyed his half-brother way too much because an invisible force reached his neck. His eyes widened as he started suffocating, while Lucas only grinned like a maniac at him, without doing anything. 

"You shouldn't talk to me like that, I'm still older than you, half-breed."  Lucas hissed and when he snapped his fingers, Jaemin was thrown down the stairs. He ended up hitting a wall with his shoulder and his palm got scratched. Lucas teleported himself down and sighed. "Now you finally realized you won't ever be able to be a king here." 

Jaemin bit his lower lip as he followed Lucas's movements. He watched as his older brother entered a random room and closed the doors behind him. What a bitch, he thought and stood up. A puddle of blood was already coloring the white marble and when he looked at his hurt hand, Jaemin realized it was more than just a cut. 

Cursing again, he called a maid and when she saw his hand, she quickly flew away then came back with some medicine. That day, Jaemin decided not to go to the palace. He was sure that Renjun wouldn't want to see his face now, after finding such thing. 

He felt ashamed, so ashamed that he couldn't even walk out of his room so he stayed inside, the whole day, as if he never existed. 

"Sometimes, I wish I died too." Jaemin whispered as he hugged his knees. His eyes were looking at the blue sky and a tear fell down his cheek. "I hope you're doing fine mom."