XVIII

He's just a sad boy... Renjun was still able to hear Jeno's words even after a few hours.

"Are you really okay?" Donghyuck, who was laying comfortably in his bed from Taeil's mansion, glanced at him in concern. "You don't look good Jun."

"I'm fine." Renjun mumbled as he hugged his knees tightly, his back resting on the wall behind.

He never expected coming back to his home, but there he was, in his old bedroom again. Even Taeil was surprised to see him all of a sudden, but Renjun received a warm hug from all of his brothers. Now, Donghyuck was waiting for the truth, since he already knew something happened.

"Why did you come here all of a sudden?" His brother asked as he rested his head in his palm. Chenle was there too, resting his head on Renjun's shoulder. The older already knew he was pouting.

"I didn't want to go back there. I don't want to meet someone." The tears were back again and one already escaped his eye. It fell down his cheek, salty as his sadness.

"I swear I'll kill Jaemin." Donghyuck growled and stood up. He was glaring at the wall, maybe imagining the prince's face there. "What did he do to you now?"

He told me his secret, Renjun wanted to say, but something hold him back from speaking.

"Did he harm you?" The half elf male leaned forward and grabbed his arm. He pulled the sleeve up, thinking he'll see a bruise or a cut, but there was nothing like that there because Renjun wasn't hurt physically, but emotionally.

"It's not like that." The silver haired male softly pushed him away and sighed. "He didn't even touch me."

"Then?" Donghyuck insisted and stood up from the mattress. "What did he do to you that you're so depressed?"

"Hyung..." Chenle interfered. "He doesn't want to talk, can't you see?" The younger looked at Renjun, who gave him a small smile that thanked him for stopping Donghyuck. "When you're ready, talk to us okay?"

Renjun nodded softly, feeling the tears appearing again. He felt his chest tight, as of his heart will soon explode and he'll die in pain.

"Good night." He managed to mumbled the words while he watched the two boys exit his room. Chenle's pout was the last thing he saw before the door closed after them.

Finally, he was alone. Finally he could release those painful tears. He didn't even know why he was so hurt by what he found out about Jaemin. Maybe it was the pain he tried so hard to ignore for so many years. Yes, that might be the answer.

"We could have been friends..." Renjun whispered, still hugging his knees with a hand while he wiped his tears with the other one. "But he decided to be an asshole."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Renjun woke up before noon from his horrible sleep. He was already feeling ill again and how much he cried last night didn't help his health either. Sighing, the silver haired male stood up from his bed and opened the windows of his room. It felt so good to breathe fresh air first thing in the morning. It kinda made him remember his childhood.

A golden goblet filled with warm raspberry tea was waiting him on the small table next to the window and as he used to do every morning before moving out, Renjun sat down and took a sip from it.

The sun was already shining in the middle of the sky, but no bird was singing outside.

"It's too warm." Renjun mumbled and played with a ring while he finished the tea. "Way too warm to stay outside."