Chapter 1✔How It All Started✔

Picture of Yameen to the side :)

Fatima's POV

Flashback

My tears were a river flowing down on my chubby cheeks. My dad kept on punching me as though I was a punching bag. At the moment, he is taking out his black leather belt and is hitting me in the face with it, which hurts so much. "DO NOT EVER CALL ME 'YOUR DAD!" he yelled. He threw me to the wall, then kicked me in the stomach. Before he left, he slapped me in the face, and then everything became blurry as I heard my stomach growl. I didn't eat for almost three days and the only thing I was able to drink was water. I tried to open my eyes but failed. I felt something hit me... something like a belt, my eyes flutter open and then I saw him, my dad. It was then I realize, that this was a flashback.

The Next Day

I wake up to the annoying sound of my evil step sister, Aliyah, chatting loudly downstairs. I walk up to the bathroom and brush my teeth and then make wudu. I come back to the basement, where I sleep and prayed Fajr. Nobody in this family prays or worships Allah, I think that might be the main reason why they lost almost all of their money and anything else they had. Anyway, Aliyah is getting married in two days, which basically means that she is getting married on Friday. I am treated as the maid of the house, I am forced to clean everywhere at home. I am so hungry that I could literally eat a horse since I didn't eat anything for three days now.

I went to the kitchen to get some water and then I heard my stepmother, Munirah, saying. "We should make the wedding on Thursday since Friday is the day when we have to pay the rent of the house. Which we can't because, we don't have any money left to survive off."

My dad replied saying, " True but don't you think Aliyah..."

My stepmother cuts him off, "No. Don't worry, Aliyah has already agreed to the sudden decision."

She looks at Aliyah who was busy using her phone and then shrugged her shoulder as though this was none of her concerns. Weird much, this family has problems. I walk back down to the basement ignoring my need to drink water, but I really don't feel like walking there after what just happened.So in the end I didn't get to drink water because of that.

Thursday

The house was finally clean after all the hard work I put in as I cleaned every spot in the house. I looked up and noticed that my older step sister, Muna, came back home for a visit with her husband, Jeremy, who is said to have converted to Islam but in truth, he didn't. Anyway, that isn't any of my business as to whether or not he truly has converted to Islam or not. Munirah was extremely happy today knowing that she was going to get money when her daughter gets married today. I noticed that my stepmother was going to Aliyah's room only to come back with tears in her eyes. What heck! This is my first seeing her cry. Seriously?Wow, I can't even find the words to express what I am feeling right now. She came running to her husband, which I don't want to call him dad since he clearly wasn't acting like one towards me.

"ALIYAH!" she screamed as she was hugging him " IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, SHE IS NOT IN HER ROOM!"

Wait what? If she is not here then who is going to get married. Seriously? Of all times, that girl just had to disappear today.Shoot! The guys are supposed to come here today. Too bad, guess there is no money for Munirah, who I hate so much.

"Don't worry we'll figure something." The husband said as he stared right in my eyes.

I don't like the feeling of this.

Yameen's POV

"Give me another cigarette," I said to Adam, my best friend.

"Dude chill, that's enough for the day. Remember you are are going to meet with your future wife's family." Adam said as he slapped my back "First impressions are very important, and we don't want it to be bad now do we?"

I know today is the F**ING day where my so- called 'dad' decided to have me get married to some lady I have never even met before in my life. I don't even give a S**t, I am already in love with someone else. That will never change because I know for sure that she is the only one for me because she is my soulmate.

"Man all that matters is whether she's hot or not," Adam said.

"Doesn't matter, I'm already in love with someone else"

"Who cares if you are," he said while sounding as though he knows everything about me, which he doesn't. "Think about today. Who knows, today might be the day where you whole life will take a complete 180 change." Adam was really a good guy, maybe even a little bit too good. He's really not that bad when people get to know him, but sometimes he's a bit too much to handle such as now.

"Look man. I'm will always be here at your side whenever you need me" Adam said as he gave me a little push on my shoulder to show his support.

"Whatever man"

" Let's get ready, don't want to ruin the family's first impression," Adam said as he began walking towards the house.

If I am going marry this girl, then I will only be doing this for the money. 

Nothing more, nothing less. Romance will never bloom between that girl and I, never!