Ch3☀No Wedding Get Married☀

☀  Fatima's POV☀

                                            How am I supposed to answer to this old guy who just asked me to marry his son? I mean, seriously? I am not even worth it. Never was and never will. The worst part is that my so-called dad and my step- mom overheard the discussion, I just had with this old man, and are now forcing me to marry his son. I looked away from my parents cold eyes and stared at the man, I realized that he was still waiting for my response to his proposal. I wish I knew what the answer should be, should I marry his son or not. I hate making decisions to the point where I don't even know what I want. Suddenly my step-mom, Madinah, walked towards me.

"Do you mind if I have a word with Fatima?" she asked, the old man.

"No, not at all," he responded. I left the room, already aware of what she is about to tell me once we are out of the man's hearing range.

"You have to marry his son," she stated the moment we reached the living room, " It is embarrassing enough that they come all the way here for Aliyah, only to hear the disappointing news of her escape."

I kept on staring at her as she kept on talking about why I should marry his son, she started crying her eyes out while begging me to do this. I realized that I have never in my life have seen her cry before.

"We don't have any money left and we have to pay the rent today. It's not just us who needs you, the boy also needs you! Remember what his father told you, he believes in your capability to the point where he knows that you can change his son's life."

 I look back at the moment where the old man told me that, I still can't believe his words. For me to change someone's life is not possible at all, even if it was in a dream.

"This guy is filthy rich and I am hundred-percent absolutely sure that he doesn't even want to marry a girl like me,"

I said to her, I wasn't even just randomly giving her false excuses. What I said is definitely true, why would a rich man be happy while living with a girl like me. She comes closer to me and holds my face between her hands. Argh! I hate it when people force themselves into my personal space.

" You are beautiful Fatima and I assure you that he is going to fall in love the moment his eyes rest on you." What a lie, him falling in love with me? pfft.

"I can't. I just graduated from high school and I want to become a nurse, but if I get married to stranger that would ruin my entire well planned future." At that moment, my so-called dad walked towards us in the living room, which means bad news for me. Did I also mention how he looked pissed off?

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHETHER YOU 'CAN'T' OR NOT. I DON'T CARE IF YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BECOME A NURSE. MY ORDERS ARE ABSOLUTE, AND I ORDER YOU TO MARRY HIM, AND THAT'S FINAL." My dad said, as he continued talking, but I couldn't even listen to him anymore, as I zoned out in my own thoughts. If I marry the guy, I won't have to see my so-called dad ever again or anyone from this weird family of mine. Looks like marrying this guy won't be so bad after all. I walked past my parents and walked back towards my room where the old man was waiting.

"What I am going to gain if I marry your son?" I stared at him as I asked a question.

"You will get a reward from Allah and complete a have of your deen," He said while smiling at me gently."Anything else?" I asked, hoping to hear some other benefits regarding my religion.

"You could make him happy and change his entire life."

Make him happy? No way in hell. I can't even make myself happy.