Chapter 2- Peter's Patrol

A knife gleamed in the slight light while the man holding it chuckled to himself, Peter could see he was muttering something, but he couldn't hear what he was saying.

The man began to step closer to Peter, an evil smile spreading over his face as he twirled the knife between his fingers. His eyes were almost black and filled with hatred and evil, no hint of humanness, only intent to hurt others, intent to hurt Peter.

The boy thrashed in the chair shaking his head and trying to break out, trying and trying and trying and trying...

Suddenly, he snapped awake, his breathing was heavy and sweat was pouring down his face as he struggled to get up. Panic was taking over as he began to think back to places he despised, his breathing grew more and more shallow as he began to sink back down to the floor, his legs giving out.

'BREATHE!' He told himself, trying to gain control, 'BREATHE!'

Eventually, he gained control back and slowly brought himself up from the floor, his knees were shaking and tears were still cascading down his face, but he was fine, he was in the warehouse and he was alive and safe, he was fine, he was fine.

Shakily, the teen fully stood up and wiped the tears away, trying to forget everything that had just happened and focus on what was happening now- what was happening now?

He peered over the banister to look at the concrete floor and saw that most of the kids were still there, it all seemed the same as to when he had fallen asleep, however, now there was an orange glow coming in from the entrance, bringing a look of hope onto the grey concrete floor- it was sunset, which only means one thing, he could leave behind Peter Parker and become Spider-Man, save people and help Queens!

Smiling to himself through the pain, he climbed down from the balcony and left the warehouse. Careful to keep his head down and his eyes trained to the pavement, the vigilante began to walk through the old streets to an alleyway at the back of town, where almost no-one went.

Once he'd reached the dark alleyway, he pulled his suit out of his beaten-up back-pack and quickly got changed, as he shoved his dirty civilian clothes into the bag and webbed it to a wall, he grinned under the mask- he'd finally left Peter Parker and his pathetic, depressing life behind, he was Spider-Man, a strong hero who helped Queens, a person who mattered!

Taking one last look at the dingy alley, the hero shot a web at the tallest building he could see and began to swing through the city. As the wind hit his face, he scanned the bustling streets, looking for anyone who needed help. He passed through all of Queens while on patrol, looking at the flashing car lights, the city lights reflecting off buildings, and at all the people on the street below.

Suddenly, his Spidey-sense went off in the back of his head, telling him that someone needed his help, it was more prominent than most- someone was in serious trouble.

'The back alley,'  It told him.

Without hesitation, the vigilante turned around mid-swing and jumped down into the back alley his Spidey-sense told him to go to. He recognized it, it was a short-cut to get to Stark Tower/ the Avengers Tower, he used to take it to get there during his internship, when he still had a home, when he still had Aunt Ma...

'NO!' He told himself, shaking his head slightly, he couldn't deal with Peter Parker's problems while he was Spider-Man, while someone needed his help.

As he turned around, his Spidey-sense practically blew up in the back of his head- the person was screaming now. When he looked into the dark alley, he suddenly spotted two figures: a woman with strawberry-blonde hair and a smart, business-like outfit and a figure dressed in all black, probably a man, with a gun.