Chapter 10- Signing With An Avenger

Chapter 10

"Boss, the Avengers request your presence upstairs,"

"Tell them to wait until I've had my fifth coffee," Tony responded, without looking up from his project.

The billionaire was, as usual, working in his lab, he was laser-focused on one of his suits, trying to distract himself from the unconscious teen in the tower.

"I would go upstairs if I were you, boss, Ms 'Badass' Romanoff requested your presence to discuss Spider-Man,"

Upon hearing that, Tony set down his tools, he had two reasons to leave. A) Natasha told him to and B) It was about Spider-Man, maybe they had news, maybe he'd woken up, but, at the same time, maybe they'd confirmed that he wouldn't wake up...

The genius shook his head at the last thought, Spider-Man was clearly a strong kid, he couldn't be dead, he couldn't, his conscious couldn't take that.

Distracted, he locked up his lab and strode down the corridor, he had a blank expression masking the anxious thoughts in his head.

'What if they need to discuss that he's dead,'

'If he's dead, it'll be my fault,'

'God, the kid doesn't deserve any of this, I could have stopped this,'

"Finally, how long does it take for you to walk across the tower, even the fossils can do it faster," Natasha interrupted his thoughts.

Tony simply shrugged as he sat down on the edge of the couch, "So, what's happening with Spider-Man?"

"He woke up!" Clint exclaimed, excitement spreading over his face. "But he wasn't doing so good, fair enough, considering all of his injuries, but I talked with him for a minute before he went back to sleep,"

"What did he say?" Tony asked, curiosity filling his tone as relief flooded into his face.

"Well, he didn't say anything, per se," The archer was met with a confused look, "The kids deaf, so he signed that he was in pain after he realised that I was deaf too,"

"So, Spider-Man is a deaf, fifteen-year-old who risks his life on the daily,"

The other Avengers nodded sadly, realising how selfless the kid really was.

"Wait, how do you know he's 15? We only know that he's probably a teenager," Natasha asked, her logic far ahead of the others, who, upon hearing what the spy said, also looked at Tony with intrigue.

"I worked out who the kid was, I knew him, not for long, but I met him once," Tony replied, keeping his eyes trained on the floor.

"How much do you know about the kid?" Steve asked, curiosity filling his eyes.

"Um, not much, his names Peter, Peter Parker, I think, he helped in the lab once, when he bought me coffee, the kid nailed equations even I was stumped on, I'm pretty sure his IQ's higher than mine and Bruce's. Fri told me that he was the youngest intern at SI, I'm pretty sure he was 15 when he came into the lab a couple of months ago, so he could be 16 now, but I doubt it. Oh, and he just... disappeared, I invited him to come back to the lab, but he never came back, F.R.I.D.A.Y. said he didn't come back to the tower at all, it was probably too much for the kid, y' know, with being Spider-Man and everything,"

"So, Spider-Man's Peter, maybe, Parker, a probably 15-year-old genius who's deaf and used to intern here," Sam summarised, receiving a nod from his teammates.

The team sat, well they were sprawled, on the couch in silence for a minute, unsure of what to say about the situation, they all felt like they should do something, anything, but there was nothing they could do.