Chapter 8- A Hospital Room

~Mini Flashback~

"I need Bruce and Cho at the ready, Spider-Man's just about alive and needs immediate medical attention, " Tony announced into the comms as he pulled the boy close toward him as he flew carefully out of the building.

"C'mon, Spider-Man," Tony muttered as he flew at top speed to the tower, the young heroes unconscious body close to his chest.

Citizens who looked above were shocked when they saw THE Iron Man flying at top speed across the city's skyline with an... unconscious body, a dead body? But, Tony didn't care, well, he cared even less than he usually would anyway.

"Boss, Spider-Man's vitals are fading fast, he needs medical attention immediately," F.R.I.D.A.Y announced, with a slight urgency in her voice, it was clearly serious.

"Bruce, he's fading fast, I need a medical team on the roof if only to get the kid in a bed," Tony said into the comms, stress piling into his voice, he couldn't let Spider-Man die, he'd feel like that was on him- he let the hero, who sounded like he couldn't even be in his late twenties, carry on swinging in a building that would soon come crashing down.

He should have told him not to, or at least checked for him before it was too late, he should have gone back straight away, if he did, the hero probably wouldn't be unconscious in his arms with his vitals fading fast.

"C'mon, don't die on me," Tony muttered to the young hero as he soared through the sky, somehow going even faster than before.

Not even a minute later, Tony landed on the top of the tower with the young hero, who still hadn't stirred at all, in his arms.

A medical team immediately came running over, they had a bed with them and were all clearly shocked by his state. The head nurse immediately took control of the situation.

"Mr. Stark, can you please get him in the bed, we need to get him downstairs ASAP,"

Without hesitation, Tony laid the young hero in the bed, nodding the nurses off immediately after.

Upon seeing that the hero was in the best hands he could be in, Tony let out a sigh of relief, the kid wasn't guaranteed to survive, but he sure had the best shot he could at it.

"Cap, how's the situation downtown?" He asked as he began to walk to the edge of the roof, "Need any help?"

"Everything wrapping up here, we're all about to come back. There're no signs of criminal activity around the area and the civilians are in safe hands. So, could you just put on the TV, I think we just want to flop down on the couch," The other's murmured in agreement at the Captains final statement, it was hardly their worst mission, but it was pretty exhausting running around after civilians and talking to God-knows how many people, not to mention the smoke they had most likely inhaled.

Tony grinned, "You got it, Cap,"

He gladly stepped out of his suit, it wasn't that he hated being a hero, he loved it, but the suit was hardly comfortable, and he just wanted to walk like a normal person.

With his suit on his tail, Tony strode into his building, completely focused on flopping down onto the couch, he stayed like that until he saw the medical wing.

There was a small body lying in the middle of a crowd of doctors and nurses, he was hooked up to a ridiculous number of machines and was faced by exclusively worried faces. God, that had to be bad.

Immediately forgetting about his mission to the couch, Tony strode into the medical wing, he had a perfect neutral mask on, but his eyes pooled with obvious worry, he could have prevented this, he should have prevented this, but he didn't, and now Spider-Man looked as if he was on his deathbed.