Chapter 9- He's Woke Up!

The Avengers had put Spider-Man to the back of their minds, or at least tried to. But Tony, as much he tried to, he couldn't. The billionaire knew that he recognised the young hero's face, he just couldn't put his finger on who the teenager was.

So, with curiosity fuelling him, he walked back into the hospital room in the hopes of working out who the young hero was.

Tony noticed that nothing had changed when he entered the room, it had been three days, but the room was identical. The teen was still lying in the same rigid position with an almost distressed expression on his face as the heart monitor steadily beeped into the room, the green contrasting with the bright white walls.

The genius slowly approached the small bed, nervous about seeing the young boy's face, he was worried that it would be worse than he remembered it was, and what he remembered was pretty awful.

He let out a small sigh of relief when he saw that the teen didn't look worse, in fact, he looked a little better. His cheeks were still paper-white and shallow, and his face littered with scratches and small scars, but they weren't as prominent, and his black eye had completely vanished- the kid had a serious healing factor.

Seeing that it wasn't as bad as he had anticipated, the older man looked closer at the young teen's face, trying to picture where he had seen him before.

Peter.

That was his name.

But where did he meet a young teen called...

The lab!

Tony began to piece it together, the boy in front of him was the young, nervous intern who came into his lab with the coffee, the one who solved equations he was struggling on. Spider-Man was the kid who was really, really impressive.

'How I did I not realise before?' He thought, 'Probably the shock, plus the kid looks completely different from before," He reasoned as he looked on the shy... ex-intern?

Somehow, that shy, nervous boy was also Spider-Man.

The teen who seemed to be too timid to even touch a fly risked his life on the daily, fought armed criminals, had powers!

Tony shook his head slightly in disbelief, people were right, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Tony turned back to the vigilante and suddenly felt even more guilty, the kid clearly had a bright future ahead of him, and was a good person out of the mask, what did he do to deserve any of the things he had?

Like the powers, the kid probably felt obliged to use them to help people even if he got killed doing it, not to mention the injuries he had, heck, he was lying in a hospital bed, unsure of whether or not he would wake up.

Why do bad things happen to good people?

"C'mon, Peter, don't die on us," He muttered, unheard by anyone but himself, before he walked out of the room, still in shock from what he had worked out.

The mechanic walked straight to his lab from the hospital room, wanting to distract himself from guilt, and questions he knew couldn't be answered, at least until the hero woke up.

Soon, he was drowning his thoughts out with blasting rock music as he worked on his latest invention, with grease smeared across his face and band shirt.

As the genius worked in his lab, the young hero's finger began to twitch slightly, he was waking up.

Soon, the teen began to think, never a good thing.

'Where am I?'

'Why am I in a bed?'

'Why does everything hurt?'