Chapter 12- Hearing Aids

As soon as Peter opened the door, he was met by Tony leaning against the wall, Bruce had clearly ran off to his lab.

"Just through here," Tony gestured for Peter to follow him before turning around.

Peter gladly followed his childhood hero, he had a slight limp as he walked, but his sallow face was void of any pain: the teen didn't want to show any further weakness.

As Peter walked through the sleek hall, he gradually became more and more nervous, not only was he going to have to talk to the Avengers without a hearing aid, he'd also probably have to explain why he fought them- why he FOUGHT CAPTAIN AMERICA.

'I'm so screwed, I'm so screwed, I'm so screwed, I'm so screwed, I'm so...'

Mr. Stark's talking.

Peter quickly looked up at the older hero and began to read his lips.

"—dy, Kid?"

"Yep," Peter nodded, a weak smile on his face as he walked into the sleek kitchen.

The teen stayed silent for a couple of moments, taking in his surroundings with widened eyes. The kitchen was bigger than May's entire apartment and worth more than Peter could dream of having over twenty lifetimes.

Not to mention the fact it was filled with Earth's mightiest heroes, each one managing to look intimidating despite simply eating their lunch in work-out clothes.

Peter waved slightly at the heroes, nerves taking over his weak smile as he glanced across the room full of Avengers. 

A small wave of relief came over him when he noticed Clint signing to him reassuringly.

'Hey, Peter. Just introduce yourself to them, they're not as scary as they seem,'

The teen nodded slightly, taking in a deep breath before speaking, "H-Hi, I'm-I'm Peter Parker, or Spider-Man, but I think you guys know that already,"

Once Peter had finished his awkward speech, all of the Avengers began to speak, each saying various hello's.

When he saw that multiple mouths were moving at once, panic began to flood into Peter's eyes, he didn't know who to focus on, he couldn't focus on all of them at once. But he soon saw someone signing and gave his attention  to them.

'They all say 'Hi', in their own special ways. Just remind them you're deaf, they'll understand,'

Peter gave the red-headed woman a tight nod before speaking again, "Sorry to be a nuisance, but w-would you guys mind if you spoke one at a time, I'm deaf and don't have any hearing aids in,"

Looks of realization came over the team as they heard the teen, they gave him apologetic nods and small waves to indicate what they'd said before.

Tony quickly filled in the silence, tapping Peter's shoulder before talking, "Right, I think before you all interrogate the kid, he should probably get some new hearing aids. So, we'll see you guys at dinner. Come with me, Pete,"

With that, Tony spun on his heels and left the room, leaving Peter to stammer a quick goodbye to the Avengers and follow him, relief flooding over him as he left the stares of the heroes.

Once again Peter followed Tony as he strode through the massive, sleek corridors. Obviously, neither talked the entire time, Peter carried on internally fanboying as Tony went over plans for the teens hearing aids in his head.

After a couple of minutes of walking, the pair reached Tony's lab.

The older hero stepped straight into the room and gestured for Peter to follow, "Come on in, Pete,"