Chapter 4- A Meeting and A Bin

~The Next Day, The Avengers Tower Lab~

The lab was filled with a mess of papers and boards filled with equations, some complete and some discarded halfway through- it was somehow worse than usual.

As Tony grabbed his... sixth?... cup of coffee, he began to look at a few of the equations that were covering the boards, they were ridiculously advanced, so much so that even he was stumped.

He reached for the pen and began to rework one, as he did so, he remembered the intern who had worked out a similar one in a few minutes- he had worked it out when he couldn't. Peter, that was his name, he seemed like a good kid.

When the kid came in, he was ridiculously nervous, like something was really bothering him, but as he solved the equation he grew more and more confident, and rightly so, the kid probably had a higher IQ than Tony.

He had solved a few other equations, helped out with some of the machines Tony was working on, and even sorted some of his papers out, somehow, he was polite and kind as well as a genius, two things that didn't often come together.

But, Peter didn't show up the next week, which was strange considering that he seemed so happy and eager when Tony suggested he did. He never showed up again, actually, it was... weird.

Sighing, Tony threw his pen to the side, giving up on the equation. Instead, he decided to ask F.R.I.D.A.Y about the kid he was curious, and the situation seemed too strange to be normal, maybe he could use some help.

"Fri, do you remember the intern, Peter, I don't remember his last name, he came in here last week?"

"Yes, Boss, considering I am a robot, I do remember. The intern was Peter Parker, the youngest intern at Stark Industries at 15,"

The kid was younger than he thought, only 15! How was a high schooler smarter than him?!

"What happened to the kid? He never showed up to the lab, do you know why?"

The AI thought for a second before responding.

"It seems like Peter Parker hasn't been in the tower since the day he came to the lab 2 months ago. He never gave an official resignation, he just stopped coming to the internship. According to records, he hasn't been to school since that day either, there's been no trace of him,"

For once, Tony stayed silent, what had happened to the kid? He couldn't have...

Before he could think any further, F.R.I.D.A.Y's Irish lilt filled the room once again.

"Boss, Ms. Romanoff has requested that you, and I quote, 'Get your ass out of the lab, Spider-Man's on patrol and I want to plan out how we can get him',"

The billionaire chuckled slightly as he walked out of the lab, leaving behind the thoughts and equations in favor of Spider-Man.

As he walked down the corridor to get to the living area, he heard a rustle up above.

Before he could question it, a panel was moved, and someone flipped out of the ceiling, landing right in front of him.

"HOLY SH---"

"Language," Clint smirked, brushing his shoulder before whipping around and running to get to the living area.

"For Odin's sake," He muttered, shaking his head as he continued to walk down the corridor, refusing to believe that a three-year-old was part of the Avengers.

As the mechanic came into the living room, he saw that the Avengers were all seated around the TV on the couches, unusually, they were all sitting like normal humans, with their feet on the floor and their backs straight, most likely because they were having a 'meeting' (and Natasha told them to).