Chapter 14- From Cloud 9 To Despair

Wake up! Something's talking.

Peter jumped awake as he felt his Spidey-Sense tingle in the back of his head.

When the teen attempted to sit up, he immediately winced in pain, waking up in a luxurious bed definitely makes you forget how bad you were hurt.

But, he pulled on a neutral mask as quickly as he winced, somehow, faking that he was fine, even if he had an audience of 0, made it a bit easier to ignore how bad you were hurting.

So, the hero got up anyway, the pain in his eyes lessening as he realised it wasn't as bad as the night before- he was healing, slowly but surely, he was healing.

When Peter turned to his bedside table, he couldn't stop the grin spreading over his face, making the light pull away from his scars and papery, sallow cheeks and focus on the happiness instead, something that had become oh so rare for the teen.

The smile lit up his face because he saw his hearing aids (hearing aids!), the small, red pieces of plastic may have seemed insignificant at first glance, but they gave Peter something that he'd given up hope on, and he could still barely believe that he had them.

With smiling, chocolate eyes, the teen carefully put in his hearing aids, jumping to attention when he heard a voice- F.R.I.D.A.Y's voice. Oh, that's what his Spidey-Sense was warning him about.

"—ker, it's 7:00am, I was told to inform you that breakfast is out if you wanted some,"

He read the remainder of the message from the TV screen in the rooms corner, so he didn't miss any of the words, and nodded his head and replied.

"Oh, cool, um, thanks," On instinct, he smiled into the empty room before shaking head as he looked at the floor and muttering, "This is so cool,"

'Smooth, Parker. Real smooth. Can't even talk properly to an AI- a really cool one as well,'

Shaking his head at the thought, the teen focused on what he was wearing- looking down, he realised that he'd slept in the clothes he'd been given- not like he had anything else.

Trying to find something else to wear, Peter began to search around the room, before coming up with a 'genius' idea.

"Hey, um, F.R.I.D.A.Y, are there any spare clothes or anything in here?" He quickly turned to the TV screen, awaiting an answer.

"Not many, Mr Parker, but I believe there are a couple shirts in the drawer to your left,"

Following the AI's advice, Peter turned to the closet drawer and opened it, true to F.R.I.D.A.Y's word, there were a old few band t-shirts half-hazardly shoved in.

He quickly grabbed a black AC/DC shirt and pulled it on, trying his best to ignore his chest, how his ribs stuck out obnoxiously, and all the scars, well, one scar in particular, that had previously been hidden under one of his many (now healing) burns.

After quickly running his hand through his hair, the teen left the room, following F.R.I.D.A.Y's directions as he walked through the ridiculously long corridors to get to the Avenger's kitchen.

"Hi," He said, awkwardly waving as he came into the tiled room, being greeted by Avenger's in varying degrees of awakeness.

Putting on a nervous smile, he walked over to the breakfast bar and grabbed a small bowl of granola- unsurprisingly, the Avenger's served a relatively healthy breakfast, well, barring the pop-tarts peeking out of the cupboard, but Peter knew that he couldn't stomach something so sweet.

'Breakfast- an actual breakfast!' Six months ago, the teen wouldn't have given it a second thought, but now, now it seemed like he was riding on Cloud 9.