Chapter 5: Avengers?!

~The Avengers Tower- 3rd Person POV~

The Avengers were all lounging around in the living room, Clint, Sam, and Steve were all in uniform, but they were still sprawling on the couch with the others.

All of their eyes were glued to the TV, it was playing The Matrix (As Clint put it, "The Grandpa's must be educated in cinematic history,"), they had reached last half hour when F.R.I.D.A.Y took over the screen and alerted the team.

"Spider-Man is on patrol again, he has sat on a nearby skyscraper and is in the perfect position for your plan,"

Steve jumped up from the couch, briefly asking if they could keep it paused before grabbing his shield and running out of the room to get into position.

Clint and Sam, however, groaned as they got up, muttering about how life wasn't fair before they walked out, shoving their ear-pieces into their ears, awaiting F.R.I.D.A.Y's instructions.

It only took Clint and Sam a few minutes to get on top of the building. Both had their weapons lowered as they approached the kid, they were careful to make sure that he didn't feel like he was going to be attacked.

"Spider-Man," Sam said, he furrowed his brows when he wasn't acknowledged by the vigilante, he just continued to gaze on into New York, he repeated himself. "Spider-Man?"

"Kid, you're going to need to listen to us,"

The vigilante turned around, his jaw dropped when he saw two of the Avengers behind him.

"So, you're the Spider-Man, right?" Clint asked as Peter shakily stood up, not taking his eyes away from the pair of Avengers.

Peter was silently panicking in his head, two AVENGERS were approaching him and he couldn't hear them, he had to rely solely on lip-reading, he may have been good, but there was a large chance that he would screw up, and he really didn't want to ask them to repeat anything.

"Are you Spider-Man?" Clint repeated, and, much to his relief, Peter managed to understand what he said.

"Y-Yeah," Peter nodded, praying his voice sounded normal.

Slowly, he walked over to the two Avengers, curious as to why they came to him.

"So, why are you two here?" He asked, cocking his head, he was trying to act confident, trying to be everything he wasn't.

"We're here to recruit you, train you. hopefully to join the Avengers one day," Sam replied.

Peter's jaw, once again, dropped, he was being recruited by the Avengers, he was about to agree when he shut his mouth. He couldn't join the Avengers, he was just a kid, a fifteen-year-old, homeless, deaf kid, he didn't want the Avengers to know that was who Spider-Man was, he would end up forgotten in a foster home, or maybe even some weird prison if they decided he was a threat, not to mention the fact he would end up stopping going on patrol if they did take him in, he didn't even want to think about how many people would get hurt if that happened.

"T-Thanks, Mr, um, Falcon, Sir, but I- I can't,"

The Avengers looked on in shock, a vigilante didn't want to join the Avengers, Earth's mightiest heroes.

"Why?!" Clint asked, eyes full of surprise.

"I- I just can't," Peter was panicking now, he was going to end up revealing his identity if he carried on.

Sam opened his mouth to add something, but Peter cut him off.

"Thanks for the offer, Mr. Falcon and Mr. Hawkeye, but I'm not going to join for reasons I can't explain, nice meeting you, though,"