Chapter 11- You're Bruce Banner!

Blinking heavily, Peter began to slowly sit up, he winced slightly as he propped himself up with his shaky, matchstick arms- the pain was still there: the teen was hardly surprised, but he still wished it would stop.

As he fully opened his eyes, the young hero looked around the hospital room, the white room still surprised him- he was used to waking up to grimy streets, hard, concrete pavement and the freezing cold New York wind, not clean walls, a comfortable bed and a warm blanket.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when his Spidey-Sense tugged at the back of his head.

At the door.

The vigilante moved his focus to the other side of his room, he saw a nurse with blonde hair and a small smile, she had a piece of paper with her, which she handed to the boy when he waved nervously at her.

Hi. We need to do a couple of checks on you, is that alright?

Peter cleared his throat and gave the nurse a small, nervous smile, "I-It's fine. And y-you can just talk," Relief flooded into his eyes when he realised that it no longer hurt to speak, "I can lipread and speak, just treat me like a normal patient, but could you just make sure I can see your lips,"

"Of course," The nurse nodded and smiled before giving him a basic check-up, Peter happily zoned out as she checked his blood pressure and took down a few notes. She tapped Peter on the shoulder when she was finished to get his attention.

"All done, Dr. Banner should be here soon to see if you can get out of bed,"

"Thank you," Peter nodded at her as she walked out of the room.

He began to fiddle with his hands when he saw the door close, his blinking eyes flicked around the room as thoughts began to fill his head.

'Dr Banner? I get to meet Bruce Banner?!'

'God, he'll think I'm weak, just like Mr. Stark does,'

'Will he let me leave the bed? God, I hope so,'

'What am I gonna tell the Avengers if I meet them?'

'There's no way I can let them know that I'm homeless on top of being a deaf teen,'

'They're probably disappointed- probably thought I was better- definitely thought I was better,'

'Mr. Stark said I could stay until the Doctors stopped wanting to observe me, so when Aunt May 'comes back', God, I wish she could,"

Peter began to blink rapidly, trying to get rid of the tears welling in his eyes, he didn't want anyone to see him like that.

'I'll say she comes back in... 4?... days. Yeah, 4 days. I should be fine by then, I won't have to annoy them for too long, be a nuisance, be...'

At the door.

Peter quickly looked up, following his Spidey-Sense's direction.

"U-Um, h-hi, you're-you're Bruce Banner. I'm-I'm Peter, Peter Parker," The teen jabbered, scrambling to sit up the best he could as he ignored the aches and pains.

Bruce simply gave Peter a small smile as he walked over to the bed, "A Hulk fan, I see,"

Peter shook his head as he read one of his hero's lips, "Not really, I mean, the Hulk's impressive, he's really cool, but your Bruce Banner! Your research papers are amazing, I read as many as I can, I did some school projects on them and everything. I just read some of your newer ones, they're ground-breaking, I mean, just wow!" Peter let out a nervous laugh half-way through his rambling, "You're one of my heroes!"