Chapter 3- The Tower and The Streets

T/W- Suicidal Thoughts, mentions of blood

~A Few Hours Earlier~

"Thank you!"

The woman with strawberry-blonde hair gratefully shook Spider-Man's hand, being given a nod and what seemed to be a small smile from under the mask in return.

Giving him one last smile, she turned to walk away, leaving the vigilante alone in the dark alley.

Her heels clicked as she speed-walked back to her home, she was still shaken and her brain was running at a million miles an hour, but considering less than 10 minutes ago she was preparing to die with a gun against her head, that was understandable.

'God, how could I be so stupid?' She thought, 'I nearly didn't get to say goodbye, nearly died, all from taking a stupid walk,'

Eventually, she reached her home. As she thanked God that she was alive, she entered through the main door, her path clearly lit by the giant 'A' on the skyscraper.

She entered the elevator and said hello to F.R.I.D.A.Y as she flew up to the top floors, heading to the living area.

A small smile flickered across her face as the doors opened to reveal most of the Avengers sprawled across the room: Clint, Sam and Steve were sitting on the couch playing Mario Cart, Clint and Sam were yelling at Steve for being "Too good for a 'Frickin' 100-year-old Grandpa'" while Natasha and Bucky sat watching them, laughing hysterically at the sight; Bruce and Tony were hunched over a table in the corner, surrounded by a mass of papers covered in ridiculously complicated equations; Wanda and Vision could be heard from the kitchen, Wanda baking a cake while Vision asked her a steady stream of questions; Thor was simply sitting on another couch, eating a packet of pop tarts as he smirked at the antics of his friends.

She sighed, the smile further spreading across her face, happy to come into a normal scene after such an extraordinary event, as weird as the scene may have seemed to others, it was a very normal one for her to walk into.

"Hey, Pep," Tony said, smiling as he looked up from his mass of papers.

Instead of replying, Pepper simply went over to Tony and gave him a tight hug, trying to blink back the tears as he asked what was wrong, it only made her think of what could have happened.

Eventually, she let go and composed herself, by then all the Avengers were looking at her, concerned expressions on their faces.

"What happened?" Wanda broke the silence, a kind smile flickering on her face, "You can tell us, you know that, Pepper,"

Taking in a shaky breath Pepper began to explain,
"Well, you know how I had that big meeting downtown, I decided to take a walk around the city afterwards to clear my head, by the time I was close to the tower, it was already dark, so, I took a shortcut through an alley to get back.
While I was walking, there was... there was this man, dressed in all black, he grabbed me and tried to take my purse. I struggled a bit but then he pulled out a gun. He had it against my head, I thought... I thought it was over, I was gone, I'd never get to see anyone again," Her eyes began to fill with tears again at the last part, Tony put an arm around her she began to shakily talk again, "But then this person, like a vigilante, came and took the gun away from the mugger, he even got me my purse back after he knocked the guy out."

The Avengers were silenced for a minute, shocked at what had happened, what could have happened and still taking in everything she'd told them. The silence stayed until Tony eventually broke it.

"I'm still taking that in, but thank God for that guy who saved you, do you know he was?"

Pepper shook her head slightly, "He didn't say his name, but I think he could be that Spider-Guy from all those viral posts online, he webbed up the robber."