Chapter 7- C'mon Spider-Man

~Stark/ Avengers Tower~

It was early afternoon and the Avengers were all sitting or standing around the kitchen area, tucking into their various different lunches of salads, sandwiches, and who knows what else.

There was a light chatter floating around the room, but the team was mainly focused on eating their food, they wanted to get back to training as soon as they could.

It was strangely calm, the usually energetic bunch of heroes simply eating food quietly, not saving Earth, not yelling during training, or participating in prank wars bigger than historical battles, it was nice, having a break from the madness. But, as usual, the calmness didn't last.

The heroes were interrupted by red flashing lights (Tony had added them into the tower so that Clint was always aware of alarms) and an urgent F.R.I.D.A.Y taking over both the quiet and all of the tower screens.

"Avengers, a bomb seems to have been set off in one of Queens skyscraper's, the energy signatures are... they've never been seen before. Police have no idea what's going on,"

The Avengers had all put down their food, shock filling their faces. They knew they had to get down to the scene, for fear of a major villain putting the city in further danger as well as to save as many civilians as they could.

"Avengers, get your comms in and get to the scene ASAP, F.RI.D.A.Y, tell everyone where to go. Help as many civilians as you can until I tell you otherwise, Bruce, get as much information as you can about the scene and give it to us as quickly as you can, be on stand-by for the big guy, but, hopefully, we won't need him at all. Got it? Great, now go save some lives," Steve ordered, standing up as he delivered the game plan.

The other Avengers simply nodded and ran off in different directions, shoving their communicators into their ears as they went to grab what they needed, no one stopped to talk or ask questions, they knew they had to get to the scene as quickly as they could.

Meanwhile, Peter had finally reached the scene. His mouth dropped open when he fully saw all of the destruction that the smoke had come from.

The normally sleek skyscraper was destroyed. All of its glass was shattered, fires had broken out everywhere and smoke was flowing out like there was no tomorrow, he could see that the building was crumbling more and more by the second, it was likely he less than 20 minutes before it completely gave in on itself. Parts of the building has already collapsed in, it was almost certain that many people had already died, however, Peter knew that there were survivors in the building, but they were in grave danger- he had to work as quickly as he could.

Without hesitation, the hero swung to the top of the building, knowing that the people up there were in the most danger.

Ignoring the pain he was already feeling, the vigilante ran through the crumbling hallways, dodging the fires, glass, and debris as he tuned into his Spidey-Sense, working out where to go to in the filthy hallways.

Trying not to breathe in the smoke, the teen began to gather up people, shouting orders at them to grab onto him before he swung them down to safety and gave them to officials at the scene, it was simple but effective.

The teen didn't have any time to waste, he knew his Spidey-Sense would tell him where living people were so he didn't read the civilian's lips while he was saving them, he couldn't waste any time or energy.

He repeated the process over and over again, going through each floor and completely relying on his Spidey-Sense.

The hero thanked Thor that the explosion had occurred at lunchtime, fewer people were in the building, so, he only had to save about 50 people from the first half of the floors, it grew more and more difficult each time, but he managed to do it.