Chapter 13- A Conversation Over Chilli

"Bo—the Avenger's a-- --questing your pre---nse in the kitchen,"

As F.R.I.D.A.Y's Irish lilt filled the lab, Peter's chocolate eyes sparkled, every noise, no matter how small, felt like a miracle to him.

When Peter looked up from the paper he was scribbling equations on, he saw a surprised Tony checking his watch.

"Shit, it's already been hours?" The billionaire shook his head slightly, "Ready to go, Pete? Nat's cooking so she'll kick my ass if I'm not there ASAP, plus her food's pretty good,"

Peter let out a small chuckle before getting up and heading to the door, ignoring the pain he felt while walking while he mustered as much fake confidence as he could, it was mildly convincing before he faltered, "Um, do you think you could lead the way? I-I forgot which way to go,"

Tony simply laughed as he walked in front of the teen, waving for him to follow him down the seemingly endless corridor.

'No getting out of this now,'

'Oh God, this'll take a lot of explaining, well, lying,'

'Will they even keep my identity a secret?'

'I'm even more screwed if they don't,'

'At least I have the hearing aids, now I'll know what the Hell's going on,'

By the time Peter's head had run through miles-worth of thoughts, he'd arrived at the kitchen door.

The teen managed to keep his head up as he once again walked into the room of heroes, he had a small, forced smile on his face as he looked around, fiddling with his fingers.

"H-hi, again,"

The Avengers gave him variations of nods, waves, and, in Thor's case, a "HELLO, MAN OF SPIDERS!".

"S-So, um," He stammered as he awkwardly stood in the doorway, unsure of what to do as the adults sat around the massive table, plates of chili steaming in front of them.

"Come and sit," Clint signed as he spoke, the kind smile not leaving his face as he talked to the nervous teen, "You can grab a plate from the side and get some food if you want,"

Peter gave Clint a grateful nod and turned around, putting a tiny amount of food on his plate before sitting next to the archer, so that he was at the corner of the table with Tony at the head closest to him.

The teen sat tensely at the table, his back up straight and his eyes trained on the food as he joined the others and began to awkwardly nibble his food, trying to not show how amazing it felt to eat something other than a sandwich or protein bar. And it wasn't just that, it was a warm, filling meal that actually tasted good, another thing Peter thought he'd never have again.

By the time the Avengers were only halfway through their food, Peter had already finished his tiny portion, and felt ridiculously full.

Noticing this, Natasha spoke up, "So, Peter, tell us about yourself, Spider-Man as well,"

Peter was taken aback by the question, he was surprised at how the spy understood how Spider-Man and Peter Parker were like two different people.

He quickly pulled himself back together and began to talk to the eating superheroes, repeating much of what Tony and Bruce already knew.

"W-Well, I'm 15, nearly 16, born and raised in Queens, and I'm deaf, but I just got hearing aids!" A smile lit up his face when he mentioned his hearing aids, he still couldn't quite believe he could hear again, "I went to Midtown, but I'm home-schooled now. Um, and I'm an orphan, but I live with my Aunt. That's just about everything about Peter Parker,"