Chapter 6- TV and a 'Fight'

T/W: Bullying and Violence

~Avengers HQ- 3rd Person POV- 2 hours after Spider-Man fought Cap~

"He beat you in a fight? Spider-Man beat CAPTAIN AMERICA in a fight!" Tony exclaimed, completely baffled.

"Yeah..." Steve said quietly, looking down at the floor to avoid eye contact.

Clint broke the silence by laughing, "He really got his ass handed to him, me and Sam found him webbed down to the ground growling,"

Sam started laughing as well, "Redwing recorded it all! Who wants to watch the mighty Captain America be beaten by the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man?"

The other Avengers nodded eagerly, smiles beginning to spread across their faces.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, look in Redwings memory, you should be able to work which one it is,"

"Of course, Birdbrain Number 2," F.R.I.D.A.Y's Irish lilt responded, the other Avengers smirked at Sam's name.

Seconds later, the TV was playing footage of the fight on the rooftop. The Avengers looked on in shock, the kid was amazing!

As the fight went on and Spider-Man began to gain the upper hand, the Avengers began to laugh, Steve was being beaten by a kid in spandex who looked less than a third of his weight, they were only encouraged when Steve bent down his head, his face turning tomato red.

When the video had finished, and the laughter had died down, Natasha's face turned serious as she began to speak.

"OK, this kid has some serious skill, I'm starting to agree with Steve that he could actually be a threat, we need to learn his identity, eliminate any idea of threat, maybe we should try to get him to join again, he's even better than we thought. So, we should send in a second team,"

"Not it!" Clint yelled, earning a jab in the ribs and a warning glare from Natasha.

"I agree with Nat," Steve spoke up, his face gradually returning to a normal colour.

The others nodded; their faces now serious.

"OK, so next time, I'll go after him, as great as he seems, I've got footage of him fighting, I should be able to work out how he fights, and I'm pretty sure our fight styles are similar- we're both light and skinny, I know how his brain will work while he's fighting, so I'll be able to get him. Unless, of course, anyone else wants to volunteer..." Natasha said, as soon as she finished, the others simply nodded and were sure to keep their hands as low as possible.

"So, when do you want to go after him?" Tony asked, "Some of us will come for back-up- you won't need it, but we'll be able to help get the kid back here,"

"Tomorrow?" Clint suggested, sounding unsure.

"No, let's leave him for a week, hopefully, we'll be able to get a bit more information on the kid and it should mean that he's not expecting us, he's probably expecting and preparing for us to send a second team in immediately after the first one failed," Natasha said, leaving the other's to nod slowly in agreement as she explained the strategy.

"Now that that's decided on, why don't we watch Cap get his ass beat again?" Tony suggested, breaking the brief silence as a smirk grew on his face.

The others laughed and nodded, making comments throughout the video as Steve grew redder and redder, maintaining strict eye contact with the floor.

After several replays and too much laughter to be healthy, the team eventually decided to stop torturing the Captain and settled down to watch Netflix, pushing thoughts of Spider-Man to the back of their heads, they wouldn't have to worry about him for days.