you're being nice?

"Beomgyu?" I already knew, but still asked anyway.

He didn't respond.

"You're pretending again. You knew it was me."

Hah that clever bastard. I knew he was rude, but I thought he was just a rude idiot.

"Uh--no, I'm surprised that you're here."

"It was pretty obvious from the chat"

"double c choi? That could've been anyone with choi as their last name"

He didn't respond. Haha, who's more clever now?

"When are you going to stand straight?" He suddenly changed the topic. I snapped out of my zone and realized how awkwardly my back is leaning against him and how strange it was to have him talking to the top of my head. I could feel his faint breaths touching my hair.

"Aah-I just"

The hands that were on my shoulders pushed me forward lightly. I regained my balance but couldn't bring myself to thank him for helping me after all the things that happened.

"It doesn't change the fact that I could sue you for sasaeng behaviour"

I turned around to face him and saw the smirk on his face.

"OKAY-- that's what I want to clear up. How am I or my friend a sasaeng? You saw her earlier right? Yoonah?"

"Yes I did. She's been texting Yeonjun-hyung, hasn't she?"

"What are you even talking about?"

"Hey Gyu!! Why are you still standing there!" Hyungjin called from a far distance.

"Hana you too!" Naeun said, frustrated that I reminded her about the time but failed to run faster than she did. "The subway is leaving in 20!! Seconds!!!!"

"Shoot" Beomgyu whispered and left my side to run across the street.

"I'm com---ouch..." My toes ached from the trampling. I felt my nail dislocate itself as I took a step and warm liquid started to go through my socks.

It's fine, I can handle a few more hours...I thought as I had to stop and kneel down and pull my shoes tighter in order for that nail to not fall out of place. But as I was about to retie my shoelaces, I heard someone run toward me with large steps. Before I could raise my head to see who it is, a hand grabbed my wrist tightly and pulled me up and forward.

"It's okay, we've still got time" These were useless words, but coming out of his mouth, through his voice, it really made me believe that everything was going to be alright.

I stood up as fast as I can and tried to follow Beomgyu's pace.

"Oh shoot" I said. Beomgyu looked back and saw my flopping shoelaces.

"You..." He breathed out. Without finishing his sentence or slowing down, he immediately placed one of his hands on my back and bent down to pick me off the ground.

"???? Choi beomgyu are you crazy??" I managed to vocalize even though I was short on breath.

Hearing no response, I glanced up to look at his expression. The dim lights of the streetlamps seemed to light a fire in his eyes. His gaze was determined and fixated straight forward, with eyelashes that occasionally shimmered as sweat travelled down to his eyes. Without the rosy blush and pink eyeshadows from the fansign, Beomgyu looked younger and surprisingly less intimidating.

"Don't think I'm being nice" He said through his heaving breaths and looked down to meet my eyes. Damn it, he caught me staring.