are you crying?

He disappeared out of the doorway after a scoff. It was a lie. The hand that held my head to his shoulders. The blazer that he took off to place on my knees. The shimmering pair of hazel eyes that stared deeply into mine. 

I looked down at the strawberry milk that still remained untouched on the table and felt two streaks of warm tears travel down my cheeks.

It was a lie. But why am I crying?

"Excuse me." The manager said sternly now. "Exit is that way. I'm sure you can find your way out." She gestured to the door.

Without apologizing or coming up with excuses, I dashed out the door into the long hallway. Yet I saw Beomgyu again. He heard my footsteps and turned around sluggishly with the same frown and same damn arrogant gaze. 

I don't want to see him anymore. Or more so, I don't want him to see the tears that were uncontrollably flowing out.

I closed my eyes and charged my way past him to the emergency staircase at the end of the hall. Without slowing down, I pulled the door and sprinted down the pitch-black stairs.

*THUMP*

"What--" An unfamiliar voice.

As I reached for the handle on the exit at the bottom of the stairs, someone unexpectedly pushed it from the outside. That person lost balance and pushed me to the ground, landing on top of me. I can feel his muscles crushing my ribs.

"What are you---" He tried to push himself off the ground, his face centimetres away from mine.

Unlike Beomgyu's sharp jawline and intimidatingly defined facial features, the face before me belongs to a boy no more than 17, 18 years old. With pale complexion, a slightly rounded chin, and rumpled black hair, he stared at me with confused, puppy-like eyes. They were so pure that I could see my reflection in them. 

"Who are you?" He got off the ground and asked with a voice as clear as a musical theatre actor's. Then, he reached a hand to pull me off the cold concrete. 

"I-I'm just a um" I paused for a second while patting dirt off my skirt "A family visitor"

"Family?" He picked a large duffle bag off the ground and I could see his eyes widen with disbelief.

"Y-yeah" I stuttered from the after-effects of crying too hard. I lowered my head and didn't want him to see my puffy eyes and reddened nose. 

"Are you..." Only after a while, he said, "Are you crying?"

Shoot. He noticed. I didn't respond, afraid that my shaky voice is going to confirm his question.

"What's your name?" Seeing that I didn't want to answer, he tried to change the topic.

"Hana..." I said softly "Kim Hana."

"I see." He said in a surprisingly cheerful tone that made the mood of the situation much less serious. 

"I'm Jeon Jungkook." He reached out the same hand he pulled me off the ground with for a friendly handshake.

"I'm a trainee here." 

Although he was standing at the door, facing away from the moonlight, I could see his eyes sparkling with both fiery determination and mellow modesty. The eyes of a true idol.