9. Building bridges

Harry PoV

I walked over to answer the door and when I opened it I saw them both standing there. as belle saw me she smiled which made me feel like we were already getting somewhere.

''hello, come in'' I told them as I moved to the side of the door

''Belle, say hi dada'' Lucy said as she pointed at me from Belle's height

''hi'' belle screamed as I bent down to her height

''give dada hugs Belle, big hugs''

as Lucy let go of belles hand she walked right to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. i stood up with her in my arms and this time she actually let me hold her without getting upset. we started walking through to the kitchen.

''are Freezy and Lux about?'' she asked me

''nah, its just us. do you want to order lunch or I can make something?''

''you, cook? I think we should order''

''I can actually cook you know, but we could just order and save mess and time''

''lets do that''

''what do you fancy?''

''ill east whatever i'm not fussy and belle can just have little bits of whatever we have''

''nandos?''

''why not, ill have-'' she starts but I finish by remembering her order

''mild chicken butterfly, peri chips, and garlic bread with a fanta''

''wow, you remembered. but depending on what you get we need extra mash for Belle because she doesn't have the spicy stuff''

''of course I remember'' I said as she smiled at me and we just had a moment of staring at each other and saying nothing

''I used to love our late night Nandos deliveries and sitting outside on the balcony the only lights were from the landscape and wrapped in a blanket'' she adds

''me too actually'' i reply as i get my phone out of my pocket and put Belle down on the sofa

I ordered our food and we just sat down and had a conversation waiting for it to arrive. it is still really awkward between Lucy and i and i am starting to wonder if it ever will be okay with us but at least we aren't fighting. as for Belle, i am already starting to feel like we have a relationship. 

Lucy PoV

This is one of the weirdest feelings in my life. I am sat in the flat that I used to live in whilst I was in a serious relationship and not much has changed around here. except for the fact that i am sat here with my daughter and I am far from a serious relationship. 

I definitely didn't ever expect to sit and have lunch with my ex and then spend hours in Ikea together but i don't think either me or belle are okay with it just being those too. I don't think Harry wants that yet either and we both need to build bridges so that we can be on good terms for Belle.

I was asked yesterday by Freya if I ever saw us getting back together now that he knows everything and that we are building bridges. i told her no to get a quick answer but since she asked me it has been playing on my mind a lot, but i had never thought of it before. i don't think i could get back together with him after how it all ended, i just don't have enough trust there. i also just don't have the emotional strength to go through anything like that again.

It is nice that Harry and Belle are getting closer already. She hugged him really tightly at the door and sat with him whilst she ate for the whole time during the meal. she doesn't want to do that with me often, she always just wants to run away and find something else to do.