|| Chapter 13 ||

⚜----------❖----------⚜

Surprisingly, Sugimoto had managed to answer "Hold on, I know Yamagiwa was pursuing a political corruption case and also running an investigation on the Port Mafia. The murderer's memo is similar to the Mafia's when they want retribution. Maybe the Mafia did it! Because they knew she was getting to close--

"No" Dazai said with a serious look.

"Huh?" Sugimoto let out looking over at your brother as you sighed deeply.

"The Port Mafia's Retaliatory methods are quite specific, they have a signature that's as unique as them as a fingerprint" Dazai said as you decided to explain further.

"First, the traitor is forced to the ground and made to bite the curb, then they stomp on his head, to shatter his jaw. Finally, they flip them over and shoot him in the chest...three times."

Atsushi flinch at your explanation as Sugimoto spoke "I guess if we're being precise then technically yes? But still..."

"But this memo was similar to the Mafia's but not exactly the same that means..." Dazai trailed off as Minuora asks.

"That means the Killer was attempting a cover-up?"

"Shooting two extra rounds to make it look like a Mafia hit, how cruel.."Sugimoto said sadly.

"Time's up!~" Ranpo spoke from behind the young officer making him jump.

Ranpo just grins, patting Sugimoto's shoulder while saying.

"Nice try Sergeant, too bad you got a ways to go before you case solving skills before match mine. But don't feel bad you've been useful, you've helped us prove that manures best detectives are inferior to me" Ranpo said looking at Minuora smirking

"Cut the crap" He said

"I'm tired of all your jabber, you can't crack hard cases with just deduction. You've been reading to many crime novels. Cases are solved through investigation, Interviewing person's of interest you closely analyzing the crime scene"

You just sighed at the grumpy detective as Ranpo looks at him unfazed.

"Uhuh, you got a pretty thick skull. Great detectives don't do investigation, my ability Ultra Deduction can instantly identify the killer. I can also figure out when and how the murder was committed. But wait there's more, I can see my mind's eye how to make the Killer confess and where the evidence lies to prove our case my power clearly is a rare gift"

"Given my line of work, I know all about your gifted types and your powers. But if you have a special ability then why do my colleagues and I still have a job?" Minuora questioned.

Ranpo smirks as he pointed at him "My thoughts exactly, now we're starting to understand each other detective"

Hearing this made you snicker as the Minuora got piss and glared at Ranpo, clenching his hand beside him as he was getting ready to punch Ranpo.

"You little bastard---"

"Now now detective," Your brother immediately got between them."Please pardon our colleague's tactless behavior"

"What can I say? My personal motto is..."All's Well that's Well for Me!", pretty catchy right?" Ranpo said grinning as you heard Atsushi mumble beside you.

"My personal motto would probably be "What's better than being alive?"

In a flash, Atsushi found his face being held by your hands while your face was extremely close, making the tiger boy blush bright red.

"Committing Double Suicide with me~How about it my little kitty~?" You said smiling as Atsushi just turn his head away while holding your shoulders.

"N-No thanks [Y/n]!!!" He stuttered out making you giggle at his flustered state.

Dazai saw this and grin while rubbing the back of his neck "Well, well, well"

⚜----------❖----------⚜