|| Chapter 18 ||

⚜----------❖-----------⚜

"Sorry for the short notice" Kunikida said as the four of you were back inside the taxi and the driver from last night. The taxi was parked in a warehouse near the harbor.

Kunikida was sat in the passenger seat once again while you sat squish in between your brother and Atsushi.

"So you mentioned that you've figured out who's behind the serial murder case, I imagined that you are on your way to arrest the killer?" The driver asks.

"That's right" Kunikida answered.

"Then we should probably hurry, so what's our destination?" The driver asks as Kunikida looks at him.

"Right here"

The driver looks at him in confusion as Kunikida continued to talk.

"The abductions happened here, you're the kidnapper. You subdued passengers with sleeping gas and abducted them when they fell unconscious. You wear a gas mask to escape the effects."

"Why would he go through all that trouble?" Atsushi asks

"We can think of one reason" You and Dazai spoke as Atsushi turn to both of you.

"Merchandise"

"What do you guys mean?" The tiger shifter asks still a bit confuse.

"He'd sell the body for their parts. There's quite a large Black Market for organs if you know where to look" Dazai explains to him as you lean forward and spoke right behind the driver's ear.

"The cut may not be an ideal because of the various ergonomic factor involved but if your flying solo then the pay is not bad~"

"That's horrible!" Atsushi said as you smiled and look over at him.

"It is isn't~?"

"Hang on that's impossible! If I'd kidnapped people in this taxi then I would've been found out when the police traced their last known whereabouts" The driver said.

"Actually, the police didn't even give this taxi a second look. Why would they? All the victims have vanished and subsequently, each one became untraceable each following day. After the targets got in your taxi and were sedated you proceeded to strip their clothes and their belongings. That's why most of the victims in the hospital were in their undergarments. You would then wear their clothes in other to disguise yourself like them, and impersonate them by checking in their hotels and made sure to show up in security cam for that reason." Kunikida explains.

"Miss Sasaki's abduction was even easier, wasn't it? After she collapsed at the train station a good bystander passing by paid for her cab ride to the hospital. It's faster than calling an ambulance at the train station isn't it?" Dazai said.

"That's all just circumstantial evidence." The Driver said.

You let out a yawn and lean your back on the seat as you spoke up "I suppose~"

"Guess we got nothing" Dazai sighs.

"What's your move now Doppo~?" You ask looking at the front where the blonde sat.

"Come on are you two being serious right now?" Kunikida asks but got caught off by the driver.

"How about we all make a deal?"

"What do you mean?" Kunikida asks as he narrows his eyes at him.

"If you agree to my conditions, I'll turn myself in! All I need is the assurance of the Armed Detective Agency! You have to keep me safe until the prosecution concludes their questioning and arrange as witness protection for me!" The driver said obviously panicking.

"What's this all about?" Kunikida asks.

"It wasn't my idea to do this job! I was approached by a new organ smuggling who told me that this was a great opportunity and I'd never get caught! Those liars!!"

"So there's a group behind all this!? Do you know where they are!?" Kunikida demanded.

"Sadly no...I was always instructed to meet them in the harbor central building." The drivers answered.

"That must be it..." Kunikida mumbles as both you and your brother spoke up once again.

"One question why do you need our protection?" both of you ask curiously.

"W-Well it appears that one of the people that I've abducted was actually with the Port Mafia."

A dark smirk made its way on the twins face as you two spoke

"Well~"

"That's unfortunate~"

Then continuos gunshots were starting to get fired the taxi shattering the windows. All of you quickly duck down.

"They didn't take long in finding us!!" Kunikida shouts as the driver suddenly went out and took off.

All of you tried to catch him but unfortunately, the firing of the bullets made you all stop and took shelter behind the taxi. Atsushi then took out his phone to call back up.

"I'm not getting any signal!"

"They must be jamming it" Dazai informed.

"If we lose the driver the truth might never come to light Dazai, [Y/n], pursue the driver. Kid go to the police and get back up. I will draw their fire here." Kunikida ordered all three of you.

"Roger!"

"Let's go! Special Ability: Doppo Poet! Flash Bang!"

The page that Kunikida torn out of his notebook transform into a grenade in which he quickly threw to the enemies. It exploded and quickly blinded the enemies which You, Dazai, and Atsushi took the advantage and ran.

Kunikida then quickly draws his gun out and stood up shooting the enemies' gun out of their hands. But a black and red blade suddenly came in which Kunikida quickly jump away as it slashes the car in half and exploded.

"Metal can be...fragile, just like the human psyche and perhaps the Armed Detective Agency as well" Akutagawa spoke as he walks through the smoke and flames.

"So it's you, Akutagawa from the Port Mafia!"

"The one and only"

With that Akutagwa launches Rashoumon's attack as he quickly fires his gun which had no effect, Kunikida was pushed back into the wall but as Rashoumon was about to attack once again Kunikida shot again.

The bullet only grazing Akutawaga's cheek. "Are you feeling alright? You couldn't even shoot a straight bullet"

"I don't have killing anyone in my schedule" Kunikida replies.

"I expected as much from you"

Then the pipe that was behind broke as water bursts out, Akutawaga got soak as water surrounded his feet. Kunikida quickly took this advantage and cast his ability.

"Doppo Poet: Stun Gun!"

Kunikida turns it on as throws it towards the male "Now play dead you dog"

The stun gun landed on the puddle of water in which Akutagawa stood as it sent an electric shock throughout his body. Akutagawa screams in pain, but somehow he manages to leap away.

"It appears the Agency isn't merely a group of clowns. You're worthy of being [Y/n] and Dazai's partner." Akutagawa spoke but then the sounds of the police siren came catching his attention.

"Seems like we have company...Oh well, our paths will cross once again in the future. Will continue this then"

With that Akutagawa took off as Kunikida scowls. "Don't come back"

⚜----------❖-----------⚜