Chapter Three

"You're beautiful you know?" I turned sharply only for my eyes to meet deep black ones. The eyes were like a hollow one could get lost in. I looked down to see pink smiling lips. His eyes never wavered from my face.

"Excuse me?" I replied defensively because I was scared of another man dying because of me.

"I came in here with my friends" He pointed at three men who were by the corner looking at us skeptically.

"I like your smile. There's something about you that's attractive, I don't know what it is yet though" he continued, smiling coyly.

"Thank you, I was on my way out" I said quickly trying to rush out of the supermarket but he was in my way leaving no room for me to escape. I took a deep breath and looked up to the ceiling as though help will come from there. I focused on him again and said calmly,

"Can you please get out of my way, I'm late for a meeting"

He chuckled and handed what I supposed was his phone that I didn't notice him bring out to me.

"Give me your phone number so we can talk some other time?" he asked with his eyebrows arched up in expectation.

I hissed because I was beginning to loose my patience. He looked exactly like my type; The bad boy look, the boyish cuteness, the I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude.

He looked like he could be fun and I always secretly wanted someone who will bring out the madness in me and he was standing right in front of me but I was running away because I was now a 'man-killer' for reasons I couldn't fathom.

***
That night Taiwo as I learned his name is visited me again. He looked angry this time.
"Kodi, I thought I told you, you were mine!" He growled, seething in anger.

I felt chills run through my spine and realized I was so scared infact I was trembling. I felt his energy connect with mine. He wanted me to be scared! I reckoned.

"Taiwo or whatever your name is, I realize that we have a connection of some sort. You've been appearing in my dreams since I was eighteen. Sometimes you kiss me, sometimes you talk, other times you have sex with me. I've had it up to here"
I rushed with clenched teeth while gesturing with my hands where I've had it up to, my jaw.

I knew I was saying this because of the fine-ass man I met today. Taiwo was cool quite alright but he wasn't real. He was just the man of my dreams, all pun intended.

Whereas the hot man I met at the supermarket made me realize I was ready to face real life again.

"I guess it's time for me to tell you then" Taiwo whispered. I could barely hear what he was saying. He moved closer to me and hugged me passionately.

"I don't want to lose you Kodi. I'm an Incubus" Then he fell silent while it all sank in.

"An Incubus? What the hell is that?" I asked with dread. Whatever it meant was bad. I was sure of that.

"Kodi calm down, I won't hurt you. An incubus is an evil spirit that oppresses people while asleep. He has sex with women too like I do with you at times.

He has sex with the said woman non-stop till she dies untimely"

My eyes got as wide as saucers and I gasped. My heart almost leaped out of my chest and I gasped audibly.

"I..I don't get it. I..I mean wu..why me? H..How come?" I cried and my crying turned to sobs immediately. He held me closer and rocked me forward and backward soothingly till I had no other option than to calm down.

"Shhhh little one, I would have killed you after you turned eighteen but I'm too selfish. I've grown to like you a lot In fact, I've fallen in love with you.

Phew! That was long. I understand that the first two chapters seemed a little bit rushed,This is my first book ever so I apologize for that. The next chapters will be cooler🤗