Chapter Eleven

I insisted on Darlington going to the hospital but he said he was fine. He finally agreed to go to a clinic after some arguments. The nurse there was trying to flirt with him by being so nice but he didn't give her a second look and I turned to the window to hide my smile.

The silence in the car as he drove me home  was deafening and I was so weak to make a conversation anyway, so I was fine with it. The end of a cotton wool ball was hanging loose from Darlington’s nose and he pulled it out and threw it in a plastic bag.The way he was focusing on the road without sparing me a glance was disturbing and I couldn't fathom what was going on in his head.

“That wasn’t me back there in Father John's office” I said breaking the silence and stating the obvious. I just wanted to get a reaction from him  because the stoic look was creepy.

“I know”  he replied.
“Please say something”  I urged him.
“What do you want me to say?” He asked back and it reminded me of a joke I read on Wattpad of Nigerians answering a question with a question. I sighed and rested my head on the headrest and drifted off to sleep.

****
I felt myself being carried into the house and placed gently on the bed like a porcelain doll. I felt him standing beside me and I knew he was watching me. He bent down and placed a peck on my cheek.
Just as he was about to rise and go away, I caught his hand.

“Stay” I whispered. Cliché.
He didn’t reply but I felt the bed dip down as he lay beside me after kicking his shoes off and wrapped his arms around me. I sighed  contentedly and had no dreams whatsoever.

***
  My pillow was unnecessarily hard and was moving! I opened my eyes suddenly and saw that Darl was the pillow. He looked so peaceful and innocent.  We had to go to work but I could spare some minutes to appreciate him in all his manly glory.

Wait a minute! When did he remove his clothes?He was just in a black briefs. He probably removed his clothes sometime in the night to get more comfortable. 

I looked at his face again to examine his nose and it looked fine. I didn’t know what actually pushed me (maybe relief from surviving Taiwo's wrath the day before) to inch closer and kiss his nose, then his eyes to wake up and it did wake him up and something else beneath the sheets.

He had other plans in his hazy sleepy state though. He grabbed my waist dragging me to him and smashed  his lips on mine. I opened my mouth eagerly as we  fought for control with our mouths.

Something nudged me on my knees  and I yelped. He laughed a deep throaty laugh.
“Good morning, sugar” he said with his eyes closed and a goofy smile spread across his face making him look childish.

“It’s just morning wood babe” he said when he saw the embarrassed look on my face. Man, his morning voice was a  mixture of velvety rich baritone and sexiness, and that alone had me squirming.

He kissed me again but I broke the kiss.
“We need to get ready for work” I said caressing his face.
“Must we go to work today” he whined making me laugh out loud. Everything that happened the day before forgotten.

“Yes, sleepy head. Get up” I replied jumping out of bed and heading to the bathroom.
As I was bathing, I heard a knock at the door.
“Darlington go away, I’m having a shower” I yelled.
He kept up on knocking
“Darl, I'm bathing. Will be out in a minute!” no reply

“Darl?” still no reply. I chuckled and shook my head in wonder. Who knew Darl had a playful side. Another quality I ticked off in my head that he has. The door started opening with a creaky noise slowly.

I could swear on my mother's grave that I locked the door shut. I put the shower off and watched the door opening inch by inch with trepidation.

A/n: I promised to update this night and I did!💃. It's 1:53 a.m here and I must say the last part of this chapter gave me quite a scare. Wetin the door dey open for kwanu?(English:What is the door opening for?). Mtchew(hisses)😪😪

Anyway, my loves, I'm going off to bed now. Ehen, lest I forget, This book is an original work and the characters are fictional except my muse Fr.John and if there's any form of plagiarism?😂😂😂 😂😂 sorry for you.

Good night ❤️❤️❤️