Chapter Fifteen

Hello lovelies! Who missed me? It's been a while. I'm really sorry this really late update and for keeping you all hanging. I enrolled into a sewing class and it's been so tough for me. I'll make it up to you all.

   As we neared Fr. John's office, I could hear the choir practicing against the upcoming Sunday mass.

Some kids in the cathecism  class I assumed, recited some prayers from their doctrine books in preparation for either their first holy communion or confirmation.

I smiled as I remembered attending such classes in the past. We met the same seminarian we met last time, who directed us to the backyard of Fr. John's office.

A beautiful gold-rimmed gazebo in a castle-like design stood before us with Father John sitting down underneath it and sipping a drink.

“Kodi! Welcome my dear. I see you came with your family, I suppose” he welcomed with his signature warm smile.  The only time I didn’t  see the smile on, was when I got possessed by Taiwo.

Yeesh I shuddered as the event replayed in my head.

“Good afternoon Father, It’s nice to finally meet you. Kodi has told me a lot about you, and I appreciate the fact that you want to really help her out of this horrible situation”
My Dad said, clasping Father John's hand in a powerful manly handshake.

“And my name is Kamso, Kodi’s younger sister” Kamso followed suit.

“You’re all welcome” he said once again.

“Where’s your partner, Darlington?”

“He’ll be on his way in a short while” I replied.

“Okay then, let’s get straight to the matter. You all know Kodi has been possessed by an Incubus. Now, I, with the help of my Father in heaven will bring an end to it. Listen carefully”

We all sat up tensely on the chairs provided by the seminarian.

“We'll start the process of this deliverance little by little today. You all have to stay in my guest house today. Excommunication with the demon is necessary. He won’t be able to locate Kodi easily if you stay here. When he eventually does, it will be so difficult to harm or come close to her, because this is the house of God "

Father John paused for a while to ensure we understood him properly, then continued.

“Kodi, call Darlington. Tell him to bring extra clothes for you all as you’ll be staying here”

It was at this point that I knew that this situation was getting real. I didn’t hesitate to call Darl and relay the new development to him.

Since my Dad and Kamso didn’t pack much, I asked him to bring their boxes. He agreed and assured me that he was on his way.

“Now, Kodi I want you to go into the Church to have a quiet time. Prepare your mind for confessions. That’s part of the few things we need to do. Your family members are free to do the same, but note that from today henceforth, you’ll be coming to church for regular confessions”

I nodded deep in thought. My life was about to turn around. I walked down to the main Church slowly while Kamso and my Dad stayed back to talk more with the Priest.

As I walked into the Church, I felt peace, with all atom of fear out of my body.

Suddenly, exhaustion of everything overwhelmed me and  I walked straight to the altar, prostrated, and wept.

I gave a very loud cry of pain not minding the other few people in the church. Why did I cry? Simple! I wanted a life. A good one at that, with a man to call my husband, kids to run around our house and destroy things, to call me mama and my man, dada.