Part 13-How romantic.

Amy POV
It's a few weeks later and is Jakes first day back to work. Needless to say he's really excited. His stitches are out and all his cuts are healing. His legs don't hurt as much anymore and his broken arm is getting better too.

"Amy?" He calls from his bedroom.

I run over to his room opening up the door to see a shirtless and frustrated Jake.

"Sorry." I say beginning to close the door.

"No..." he walks over to the door quickly stopping it with his good arm. "I need your help again."

He hates it when I have to help him with his shirt. He can usually get tank tops on easy but it's the button down shirts that he struggles with.

He puts his tank top on and I pick up the button down shirt helping him into it. Then I start buttoning up the buttons going from bottom to top. Then I help him into his sweater. He smiles at me placing a kiss on my lips before saying something.

"Thank you." He laughs a little.

"No problem." I say handing him his badge.

He puts it around his neck quickly as we head out.

"So tell me more about this case Captain Holt is assigning us." He speaks once we're driving off to work.

"We're looking for someone by the name Mark Smith. He murdered his mother the only problem is we can't find him." I sigh in frustration.

"We'll get him." He assures me.

I nod my head and breathe out.

~~~~

It's a little while later and me and Jake have a lead. Mark Smith is probably in this old apartment building that was abandoned. Apparently that's where a bunch of his other murderer friends used to meet up.

I hope Jakes up for this because it might end in a chase. Now don't get me wrong Jake loves chasing and taking down criminals the only problem is I don't know if he's ready. I'm most worried about his broken ribs. They're mostly healed and he's been resting but I'm a little worried about what could happen today.

Once we're there me and Jake split up looking on different levels of the apartment. After what feels like forever searching I hear Jake.

"Santiago I found him he's heading to the back staircase." Jake yells from somewhere in the building I head to the side door opening it to see Mark Smith.

He looks at me with a sickening smile then points a gun at me.

"I'm going to leave here without anyone knowing about me. Got that?" He asks but his tone tells me it's a command.

I nod my head and it of the corner of my eye I see Jake opening the door slightly but he stops when I give him a look.

Mark Smith starts backing away and then running down the street. Jake appears out of the door and we take off running.

He's a bit slower then me because of his legs but he's still pretty fast. We almost have him we're so close. Then I take him down tasering him to the ground. I handcuff him then look back to see Jake standing a little ways back his chest heaving and he gives me a thumbs up.

I smile and then begin walking the guy to our car.

The idiot actually ran right to it.

Jake walks to the car too and when he thinks I'm not looking I see him take a puff of his inhaler.

Why didn't he tell me his asthma was acting up?

I look away slamming the car door in Mark Smiths face.

Jake comes over and hops in the passenger side door stuffing his inhaler in his pocket.

"You ok?" I ask while driving to the 99. "Is your asthma bothering you?"

"Ya just with allergies and stuff and then the running but it's alright." He assures me giving me a smile.

"Ok good." I smile back at him.

The rest of the way is spent in a comfortable silence and I just think of how happy I am that Jake and I are together.

_______________________________

Jake POV
It's not only my first day back it's also a Friday. And this Friday is special because this weekend is the detectives only weekend -with Gina and Holt of course- and I'm so excited. We're going to be staying at this nice rented out cabin by this beautiful lake. I'm also excited cause this is me and Amy's first detectives weekend as a couple.

And before you perverts ask no we haven't........ done the devils tango.

Mostly because I'm literally broken all over but also because we wanted to keep things slow. Make sure that we're ready to take the next step.

I know cheesy right?

Oh well. I'm happy. The voice in my head went away a little. But every once and a while I start to feel insecure but Amy is always there for me. So ya I'm happy.

'For now.'

I roll my eyes a little thinking about how annoying my inner voice is when Rosa walks up to me.

"So..." Rosa says, sitting down on the chair beside my desk. "You and Amy are sharing a room?"

"Yup." I smile then frown knowing what she implying.

"So have you guys... you know... boned?" She says bluntly.

"No we haven't 'boned'" I say in a mocking tone. "I want to make sure we're both ready."

"How romantic." She says winking.

"Alright. Whatever. I'm just trying to be respectful. Boundaries. Right?" I ask.

"Ya sure." She nods her head. "Or you could bone."

I cringe at her word choice.

"I feel like I'm ready but I don't know if she is and I want to make sure I give her a choice and not make her feel uncomfortable or like I'm pressuring her or anything." I tell her shrugging my shoulders.

"Ya whatever dude." Rosa smiles at me walking away.

I roll my eyes while smiling and continue working.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
A/N
(Ok but the photo at the top. Andy is so cute. I love how they're all laughing. They're like the best cast on a tv show ever. K bye! 👋)

Kind of a shorter chapter but it's important. (Vote and comment pls)

Amy and Jake are the cutest. Like literally so adorable.

Jake is adorable. "Devils tango." lol.

😘Next part out soon😘

Word count: 1015 (not counting A/N)