Part 22-What the hell is going on?!

Jake POV
The next week the whole squad gets emails from Maria Boston about a get together at her place.

"Yo Boston?" I call over to her desk.

She looks over at me.

"What time is this thing at your place at?" I ask.

"Jake read the email." Amy commands me.

"I skimmed over it." I tell her shrugging my shoulders.

Maria laughs.

"It's at my house this Friday at 7 PM." She informs me.

I give her a thumbs up.

All of us have really gotten to know Maria. We all call her Boston now. It's like she's always been here.

"Hey Peralta? Do you remember that drug bust we did a couple days ago?" She questions me.

I nod.

"I don't know how to do the paperwork." She confesses. "I didn't know to much about the case. Would you mind doing it?"

"Not at all." I smile.

I start the paperwork right away. There's lots to do. Usually I don't do the work but she's new and I feel bad.

"I have an announcement to make." Boyle calls out.

Everyone ignores him.

"Guys come on." He yells out.

"We're listening Charles." I tell him.

"Kind of." Maria adds.

"Not really." Rosa states.

I laugh.

"I won't be able to attend the dinner this Friday." Charles says sadly.

"And you're announcing this because....." Amy trails off.

"How come?" Boston asks before he can answer Amy.

"I....I have a.....why are you guys grilling me?!" He shouts before running into the break room.

Everyone looks at each other in confusion then shrugs. I get up to go check on him.

When I arrive in the break room he's pacing the floor.

"What's wrong?" I question him.

"I don't want to go to the dinner and I'm a bad liar so..." he sighs continuing to pace.

"Why not?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I do this thing where if someone else cooks I will judged them and.... I don't want someone else on the squad to hate me." He admits, sitting down on the couch.

"Charles we don't hate you." I tell him.

"Ya right. You guys are all so much cooler then me and I'm just me." He scoffs.

"Boyle you're my best friend." When I say this he looks up at me seriously.

"I am?" He asks baffled.

I nod my head leaving him in there still in shock.

Later he tells Boston he's coming to the dinner.

________________________________

Amy POV
It's later and Jake and I are getting ready for the get together. I'm sitting on the edge of his bed putting on my shows when I see Jake in the bathroom with the door open.

He's staring at the mirror. At himself. And he has this sad look on his face.

I walk over to him placing a hand on his back.