Part 16-Don't you roll your eyes at me.

Amy POV
It's later and we've arrived at the amusement park. Everyone's looking around excited as we decide where to go first. We all agree on going on a few rides before getting some good carnival food.

We go on a few different roller coasters before sitting on a group of park benches just taking a little break. The benches are behind a few food trucks so it's a pretty private area.

I check my phone and it reads; 10:15 PM. Jake leans his head on my shoulder tiredly and I smile.

It's crazy to think almost a month ago we weren't together an we were being taken hostage by Sam Green. I can still see his sickening smile.

I shake my head to get the image out of my head, but it doesn't go away.

Wait.

That's when I realize I'm not imagining it I see Sam Green hiding unsuccessfully behind a few trees.

I place my hand on Jakes thigh, patting it a few times. He sits up looking at me confused.

I nod my head towards the trees. Jake looks over squinting before he sees him. He freezes.

"Jake Peralta." Sam Green says walking towards us once he realizes that we see him.

I see Jake reach down to his hip. His gun isn't there. He left it at the beach house.

"Sam Green." He breathes.

Everyone freezes as Sam Green pulls out a gun point it in our direction.

"I've been looking for you." Sam Green smiles evilly.

Jake gulps.

"Now stand up." He orders.

Jake begins standing up but Sam holds up his hand telling him to stop.

"Not you." He shakes his head. "Her."

He points to me. Jake looks down at me.

I stand up slowly, taking shaky breaths in and out.

He gestures for me to walk forward and I do.

In one quick move I see Terry and Holt holding up their guns.

"Put. The. Gun. Down." Terry commands, yelling.

Sam Greens eyes widen he points the gun at me. My mouth falls open.

He's going to shoot me.

I close my eyes when I hear the gun shot. I squeeze them tightly waiting for the blow but I don't feel it.

I open my eyes to see a wide eyed Sam Green. While he's distracted Terry and Holt take him down, handcuffing him.

What?

"JAKE!" Rosa screams.

I look down and see Jake laying on the ground in front of my feet. He got shot. I drop to my knees taking my coat off pushing it into his right shoulder where the blood is. Tears begin forming in my eyes but I continue applying pressure, Jake groaning in response.

"Jake! Jake I'm so sorry." I sob, beginning to shake. "I'm so so sorry."

He shakes his head dismissing me.

"No." He begins, wincing once I apply more pressure. "Don't say sorry."

I look over at a Diaz. She's frozen.

"SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBULANCE!" I yell at them, snapping them all out of it.

I feel a hand on my back. I look over and see Gina looking down at Jake with tears in her eyes as well.

Rosa and Charles run over kneeling down with us. Jake begins closing his eyes tiredly but Rosa slaps him. He blinks multiple times in surprise, a tired look still on his face.

"Sorry you were falling asleep." Rosa says, putting her hand on his left shoulder.

Jake smiles lazily nodding at her.

"How long until the ambulance gets here?!" I shout at them.

I feel a hand on my knee. I look down and see it's Jakes. He looks me in the eyes, giving me a weak, sad smile.

Just then we here sirens. Then see an ambulance with paramedics jumping out, running over with a stretcher.

They lift Jake up yelling a few things to each other but I ignore them trying to get in the ambulance. One of them tells me I can't come and I start yelling in his face.

I feel Rosa pulling me away. The paramedic nods at her in thanks before they leave with Jake.

I fall to the ground bawling.

Rosa wraps her arms around me and I continue crying.

After I'm done I stand up quickly brushing the dirt off my pants.

Terry and Holt call a few officers to come pick up Mr. Green and we start driving to the hospital.

I run up to the front desk and the lady is on the phone. I begin tapping the desk aggressively and she looks up at me rolling her eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me." I yell at her, causing her to jump. "The love of my life is somewhere in this hospital and I need to know where right the hell now."

Love.

She tells us he's in surgery and says the doctor will come give us news as soon as possible. We all sit down waiting in silence.

"Family of Jake Peralta?" Someone asks.

We all look over at a woman, with a clip board and a bag. We stand up nodding our heads.

"You're his girlfriend?" She asks me.

I nod my head letting a tear leave my eye.

"This is a bag with everything Jake had on him." She hands it to me and I nod sadly. "Well have more news on him soon. He just got out of surgery and seems to be in stable condition."

"Can I see him." I beg, tears falling down my face.

"Not quite yet. Sorry." She smiles sadly at me before leaving.

I fall back down in my seat opening up the bag. It has his clothes, phone and badge in it.

I pull out his phone, turning it on and smiling at the photo of me and him in the background. I call Jakes mom.

"Jake?" She questions.

"No it's Amy...." I trail of beginning to cry again.

"Oh sweetie what happened?" She asks.

"Jake was shot." I tell her, tears falling down my face slowly.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
A/N

(The photo at the top: Andy and Melissa are so adorable)

Will Jake be ok? Seems like it. But then again we haven't been in his POV in a while. 😁😘

........ I'm kind of evil aren't I.😅🙌☺️

Next part out soon pls vote and comment

Word count: 1007 (not counting A/N)