Chapter 6

Jacque volunteered to drive, so Becky sat up front with him, while Amelia was squished in the back seat with Ellis and Victor.

"Man, Ashton's face," Ellis chuckled. "We hit a nerve."

"You were rude," Becky said.

"What? He deserved it," Ellis shrugged, "and you know what I said is true, so there."

"Thanks for getting me into trouble," Amelia muttered.

"He'll get over it," Ellis shrugged. "Besides, I think Ashton admires you."

"Sure he does, that is why he called me a freeloader along with the lot of you and ignored me completely this morning while his mother told me that I looked homeless."

"You didn't tell them what you said about the King," Becky giggled, "and Ashton heard her."

"What did you say?" Victor asked, curiously.

"Becky and I had left the throne room, and I didn't realize the prince had followed us when I called his mother an ass and said that the King should grow a set."

The boys roared in laughter. "That is hilarious, love," Jacque grinned back at her. "Wow, no one has ever had the balls to speak their mind like that."

"Well, he wasn't supposed to be there," Amelia grumbled.

"And what did Ashton say?" Ellis grinned. 

"He told me if I was going to bad mouth his parents to talk about them outside, and not inside where I could be heard."

The boys laughed again. "So, he didn't even defend his parents then," Victor chuckled. "Well, I'll be."

"He was smirking," Becky admitted, "as if he found it funny too."

"Well, Amy was speaking the truth," Ellis grinned. "Amy, will you stay forever and be our girl?"

Amelia laughed. "Sorry, no can do. I have school to get back too."

"Oh, come on, you can go to college here," Jacque said. "We will even pay your tuition if you like."

"Yeah, because you can afford it," she snorted.

"We can pool our money together, besides, if the prince ends up liking you, maybe he can pay for your schooling."

"Yes, perhaps when hell freezes over," Amelia snorted, making everyone laugh again.

"You just wait, Amy, the prince will come around," Becky grinned. "He likes you, but he won't admit it, not yet."

"Yeah right," Amelia shook her head, even though she would be okay with it. Or would she? He seemed to be rather selfish and didn't care about anyone, and did she want to fall for someone like that?