Chapter 19

When Becky walked into the room, she was laughing. She set the toppings onto the table and took a bowl with some ice cream.

"What are you laughing about?" Ellis asked her.

"Oh, I saw baldy in the hallway," Becky snickered.

"She was totally bald?" Victor asked hopefully, then he looked at Ashton, a guilty look on his face.

"Don't worry, your dear cousins ratted you out," Ashton chuckled.

"Thanks a lot, guys," he huffed, "but she was bald?"

"I don't know, she had a scarf on," Becky said, "so disappointing."

"So, what happened?" Ellis asked.

"Oh, she was saying something about kicking the lot of us out of here, including Amy, when she gets married to Ashton. I informed her that Ashton would not marry her and that he would rather give up the throne."

"You didn't," Ashton frowned.

"I did, why?"

"Because, now she will tell my mother, and make my life even worse," Ashton frowned. "My parents might do something even more rash."

"Oh, sorry," Becky mumbled. "I just wanted to wipe that smug look off of her face."

"Yes, that is fine," Ashton said, "but did you think it might ruin my future?"

"Again, I am sorry," Becky said.

"So, the princess's brother will be here tomorrow," Jacque said, trying to ease the tension. "I wonder what he is like?"

"I should just tell him to stay home," Ashton said. "If my parents have the ball on Saturday, he could just come with his parents and the princess, and they can see what our Kingdom is like."

"Good thing you are changing it for the better, then, yes?" Ellis asked.

"Yes," Ashton said. "I just hope I'm not too late."

"All that matters is that you are changing," Becky pointed out.

Ashton then looked at Amelia. She was on the couch, her eyes closed.

"Amy?" he asked her in concern. He set down his ice cream and went to kneel by her. "Are you okay?" he asked her.

She opened her eyes. "Sorry, just really tired. I think I did too much today."

"I need to remember you are still injured," Ashton said. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

"Do I need to camp out in here tonight?" Becky teased.

Ashton shook his head at her. "Really?"

"Just asking," Becky said cheekily.

Ashton didn't respond, as he scooped Amelia into his arms, and carried her out the door.

The boys grinned cheesily as he left.

"I can't believe she didn't tell him who she was," Ellis whispered.

"I can't believe it either," Becky shrugged. "But she knows what she is doing. We just have to trust her."

"Yes, that we do," Jacque agreed.

Ashton carried Amelia into her bedroom and laid her onto her bed. "Sorry, Ashton," Amelia yawned.

"It's not a problem, Amy," he promised. He then pulled the covers over her. "Get some sleep; I will see you tomorrow, okay?"