Chapter 26

A knock sounded on the door and Ellis answered it. "Hannah."

"Will you let the prince know that Serena needs to speak with him?"

"Yes, where is she?"

"In the garden gazebo," Hannah said, then left the room.

"I refuse to go and see that horrid woman," Ashton frowned.

"We need to make her think that you have some feelings for her though," Jacque said. "Maybe we could send Becky out there and tell her that you are trying to prepare yourself for tomorrow. That it is going to be a big day full of surprises."

Becky smirked. "I don't want to though."

"I will," Amelia said.

"No," Ashton said. "Amelia, I won't let you do that."

"Don't worry, I will make her think that you have no feelings for me."

"Are you sure, love?" he asked her.

"Positive," she smiled. She then stood up. "I am wearing my earrings, so if she says anything horrid, it is all on tape."

"Okay love, be safe."

"I will be. If I am not back in 15 minutes, come and look for me."

"I will have one of the guards follow you discreetly," Ashton said, pulling out his phone.

"Josh, Amy is headed to the garden to visit with Serena. I need you to follow Amy discreetly and make sure that if Serena pulls something that you are there to stop it."

"Yes sire," came the response.

Ashton then hung up. "Good luck," he whispered to his bride to be. He then kissed her.

"This is going to be fun," Amelia chuckled and left the room.

"Don't worry too much about her," the King said to Ashton. "She has taken self-defense classes since she was little."

"I just keep being surprised," Ashton chuckled.

Amelia walked outside, hiding a smile. She turned her ring around, so that Serena wouldn't see it, then walked into the gazebo. Serena was wearing the same dress that she had on earlier, at least Amelia figured it was the same.

"What do you want?" Serena snarled at her. "I am waiting for Ashton."

"He's not coming," Amelia said.

"How do you know?" Serena snarled. "It's not like you talk to him. He wouldn't stoop so low as to talk to you either."

"I was only told to give you a message," Amelia said.

"So, out with it girl," Serena hissed.

"I was told to tell you that Ashton is busy preparing himself for tomorrow. He has big surprises planned, and said something about a wedding?" Amelia said acting like she was suffering.

Serena's eyes grew round. "He really said that?" she said, a huge grin on her face.

"That is what I was told to tell you from one of his cousins," Amelia sighed.

"Wow, okay then. I had better go and get ready for tomorrow too," Serena said, "now get out of my way. Ashton needs to see me at my best."

"Yes, good luck with that," Amelia snickered as Serena walked away.

Amelia followed Serena at a discreet distance, wondering where she was going. Serena headed in the back door, ignoring the women in the kitchen. Amelia followed her and put her finger to her lips. The women chuckled and watched Amelia as she quietly followed Serena.