Chapter 20

The next morning, Amelia called Officer Brewen.

"I need a favor," she said.

"Of course, what can I do for you?"

So, she told him. He chuckled. "I would be glad to help, I would love to see the king and queen go down for what they have done to the people."

"Good," Amelia said. "How soon can you bring me that stuff?"

"Give me a half-hour."

"Perfect. I'll meet you at the gate."

"What, you won't let me in?"

Amelia chuckled. "I don't want anyone to know what I am up to."

"Smart woman. Okay, see you soon."

"Thanks, Kip, I owe you."

"A date perhaps?" he chuckled.

"We'll see," she said vaguely as she hung up.

After dressing for the day, Amelia headed down the stairs, and since it was early enough, her cousin and the boys weren't up yet, which Amelia was happy about. She could pull off her plan better without them asking what she was up too.

Amelia then headed outside and walked up to the gate. The same guard was there, looking bored.

"Miss Henley," the man smiled. "You are up early this morning. Do you need to leave?"

"Actually Officer Brewen is coming to drop off something for me, so I am waiting here for him."

"Okay, why has he been here anyway?"

"Well, he was here because Becky and I were attacked before we came here by some bikers, and then the accident the prince and I got in the other day, we don't think it was really an accident. He is looking into it for us."

The man nodded. "I'm not surprised that it wasn't an accident. There are a lot of people who do not like the prince and would love to see the end of him."

"Yes, so I heard. Don't say anything, but his parents are much worse. Did you know that they are trying to marry him off to that scary creature Serena?"

The man laughed. "I know, poor guy. I like Ashton, and he does not deserve that, for sure."

"I am just glad the prince is changing for the better," Amelia said. "He's doing some good for the city now."

"Yes, I see that also. I wonder what made him change his mind?"

"He said something about not wanting to be like his parents anymore."

"Good for him. So, how is your stay here?"

"Very interesting. Serena seems to have it out for all of us cousins staying here."

"Yes, no surprise. I never did like that woman."

"Did you hear what happened to her?" Amelia grinned.

"Oh, those shampoo incidents?" the guard laughed. "Yes, it's all the staff is talking about. I wonder who did that, it is quite hilarious. I wish I could see her bald head."

"I am sure it is quite frightening," Amelia laughed.

"Yes, I am sure it is," the man grinned.

A police car pulled up to the gate then, and the guard opened the gate for him. Kip pulled through and parked. Amelia met him at his door and he rolled down his window and handed her a box. She opened them and smiled. "Earrings, Kip? I didn't know our relationship had progressed to this."