Chapter 15

Ashton was in the garage talking with Walton when he saw Jacque drive in with his Lamborghini. He then watched Jacque get out, and go to the passenger side, open the winged door, and help Amelia out. Ashton's breath caught in his throat as he watched her. She was so beautiful, she truly was, even covered in bruises and bandages. She seemed to sense him watching her because she raised her eyes to meet his and smiled at him. He smiled back at her.

"I can walk, Jacque," she insisted, as he kept an arm about her.

"You haven't walked for two days, Amy, let me help you," Jacque insisted.

"I can walk her to her room," Ashton said, walking over to them.

Jacque raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? If you are busy with something, I can walk her."

"I was just visiting with Walton." He looked at Amelia, holding out his hand, "May I?"

She nodded and smiling, she put her small hand in his large one, sending a little thrill through him. He then tucked an arm about her waist. "Come, I will help you," he said.

She smiled at him, her heart speeding up as his warm body touched hers. "Thank you, your highness," she smiled at him again.

"It's not a problem," he assured her.

"Here's your phone," Jacque told Amelia, handing it to her.

"Thank you, Jacque," she smiled at him also.

"No problem," he replied, then winked at her.

Becky pulled into the garage as Ashton headed out the door with Amelia.

"Will you look at that," Victor nodded at Amelia and Ashton.

"Interesting," Ellis muttered. "Maybe he does like her."

"Who doesn't?" Becky grinned.

"Serena, and the Queen," Ellis chuckled.

"True, but they don't count," Becky grinned, getting out of her car.

"They will wish they did when they find out the truth," Victor chuckled.

"It will be too late," Becky grinned as they headed inside.

"How are you feeling, Amy?" Ashton asked her as they walked inside the palace.

"Better, your highness."

"Ashton, please," he said.

"Ashton, thank you for helping me."

"It is the least I can do. I still feel awful about what happened."

"It is not your fault, Ashton, no matter how much you think it is. Don't beat yourself up over it, okay? I don't blame you."

"You are the only one who doesn't," he sighed.

"I know your cousins don't either," Amy said.

"True, and my parents don't care. My mother actually asked about you this morning. "Where is that poor girl? Have you kicked her out of the palace yet? And I am not that sorry she got hurt, but sorry that you did, and we don't want that girl to tarnish our reputation;" I lost it when she said that."

"I'm sorry that I am causing a rift in your family."

"You are not. There was already a huge rift. But my mother's words made me so mad that I told her that I was making you my date for the ball."

Amelia laughed. "You really did?"

Ashton chuckled. "I did. That really ticked her off. She told me under no circumstances was I allowed to do such a thing, that I was to escort Serena. I told her to go to hell."