Chapter 12

When Amelia opened her eyes again, she was in pain. She looked around her and saw all white. She heard a beep and saw a heart monitor beeping steadily at her side. An I.V. drip in her arm, along with a pint of blood. What had happened? Oh right, the limo had been hit, that was all she remembered.

She sighed, and she heard someone stirring, then she saw Ashton. Ashton had a cut above his eye that had stitches in it, but other than that, he looked okay. He was in clean clothes but looked weary.

"Ashton," she croaked out. "What happened?"

"Someone ran the stop sign and broadsided the limo. You got the brunt of it."

"How are you doing?" she whispered.

"I'm fine, except for a cut on my head," he said.

"How is Miles?"

Ashton chuckled. "He is just fine also, it is you we are worried about."

"How am I then?" she asked cheekily.

He smiled softly. "You will be okay also. You have a lot of cuts and bruises. You bled so much from the cut on your head, they had to give you blood."

"No wonder my head hurts, and I won't even be able to cover my wound with my bangs since my hair is short," she sighed dramatically, making Ashton laugh.

"You are something else, Miss Henley."

"So I have been told," she replied.

The door opened then, and the four cousins hurried in.

"Oh, thank goodness you are awake," Becky said, walking over to Amelia.

"I told you not to go and get food from the cafeteria," Jacque smacked Ellis up the side of the head, "we missed her waking up."

Amelia smiled at the boys and Becky. "Nice to see the lot of you too."

Jacque leaned down and kissed her cheek softly. "How are you feeling?"

"Like hell," she muttered.

Everyone laughed at that.

"You look like it too," Victor admitted.

"You look like a crash test dummy," Ellis supplied.

"Shut it, you two," Becky frowned. "A woman does not want to hear that she looks like crap, unless it is from another woman, right?" Becky asked Amelia.

Ashton chuckled. "I think she looks lovely, especially since we know she is going to be okay."

The other men nodded. "You are right, Ashton," Jacque agreed. "She is beautiful, and you scared the crap out of us, woman. We didn't think you would ever wake up."

"Your parents are going to freak," Becky then said.

Amelia looked at her. "You haven't talked to them, have you?"

"No, I wanted to make sure that you were okay first."

"Do not under any circumstances call them, or I will be forced to go home, do you understand me?" Amelia asked.

Becky smiled. "I have no problem with that, at all."

"Good, glad I made that clear. Now when can I get out of here?"

The boys laughed. "Tomorrow, maybe," Ashton said. "They want to make sure you don't have internal bleeding. You took quite a hit. The car hit the door right where you were sitting. You are lucky you are alive."

"I guess your limo was built to take a hit then," Amelia said.

"It is built like a tank, and bulletproof," Ashton nodded, "but not accident-proof. I am sorry, Amy, for this."