29

Time skip 6 months. 

Now: January, night of the Oscars.

Y/N POV

I hadn't seen Angelina all day. I had to wake up early and hit the gym for multiple hours, before going to meetings with Kelley, then meeting with a stylist for my outfit, then having to go through the 3 hour process for showering, hair, and clothing.

By the time I actually got to see my girlfriend, it was 2:30, and we were due at the venue in an hour and a half. The red carpet was at 5, and it was going to take about 45 minutes to get there, considering all of the traffic. 

Kelley and I took the Limo, the car we'd all be taking to the venue, from the stylist's shop back to Angelina and I's house, where the other woman had her own team of people helping her to get ready. I had my suit, which was freshly ironed and dry cleaned, folded carefully in a briefcase, which I was to put on once I got inside. 

This would be our first award show together, and to say I was nervous was an understatement. Our relationship has been going amazing. More than amazing. We'll be together for a year in two weeks. It's crazy to think that. Time flies when you spend it with the love of your life. 

Of course I knew I wanted to marry Angelina, but I also knew that it wasn't the right time yet. I wanted to wait at least another year before proposing. Good marriages have strong foundations. Yet, there was no doubt in my mind that I'd marry her. 

"Dude why are you so goddamn nervous? You guys have been together for like, 100 years." Kelley said as we climbed out of the Limo.

I glared at my manager. "1-in two weeks- and that's not the point! We still haven't gone public yet. And now she's my date to the Oscars!" My best friend just laughed.

"And? It's not like people don't already suspect you guys are dating. You'll be fine."

I sighed, knowing that she had a point. "I hate when you're right." I grumbled, making the other woman chuckle. "You always do."

I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door, and as soon as I did, all that could be heard were excited squeals, laughter, and "Oh my god's". 

"Jesus Christ." I mumbled, looking around at the dozens of women running back and forth, grabbing items from their suitcases before rushing back to whatever they were doing.

"Uh..." Kelley said, apparently just as surprised as I was. "Where's the wifey?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Fuck if I know dude."

"Babe?" I called out, taking a step into the entry way. Who the fuck was I kidding, there was no way she'd be able to hear me over all this noise.

I stopped a stylist who held a hand full of some kind of makeup looking stuff. Or cocaine. I wasn't sure. It was powder. 

"Excuse me, do you know which room Angelina is in?" The woman smiled at me. "Of course Hun, I was just making my way back there, follow me!" She seemed pretty chirpy for looking so exhausted, but nevertheless, Kelley and I followed her through the house and up to the master bedroom, AKA, Angelina and I's room.

The door was open and you could hear chatter and music coming from inside. I took a deep breath to prepare myself. When I walked in, there were at least 10 women, all doing god knows what, running in and out of the master bathroom. Thank god it was huge because there was no way a regular bathroom could fit all these people.

 Thank god it was huge because there was no way a regular bathroom could fit all these people